2017 Honda Civic to get new turbocharged petrol engine in Europe
Honda will be launching two new petrol engines in Europe - the 1-litre and 1.5-litre VTEC turbocharged direct injection engines. Honda says that the all-new engines will be a part of Honda's growing Earth Dreams Technology range with best in class dynamic performance, output and fuel economy. They are expected to come mated with an 8-speed dual-clutch transmission rather than the current 5-speed automatic.
The 1.5-litre turbocharged engine is likely to replace the 1.8-litre engine with an approximately 30PS of increase in power, 15 per cent better fuel economy and 45 per cent better torque. The 2017 Honda Civic will be the first to get this unit.
Another Honda engine launched earlier this year was the 2-litre VTEC Turbo was launched this year, which powers the current Honda Civic R type. It produces 310PS of power and 400Nm of torque with a claimed top speed of 268kmph and 0-100kmph in 5.7 seconds.
Starts Rs 17.7 Lakhs
- News2019 KTM 790 Duke officially teased, to be launched in India soon
- NewsRenault launches Summer Camp in India, to be conducted from April 22 to 28, 2019
- NewsRevolt Motors' AI-based electric motorcycle gets ARAI approved 156km range - launch in June 2019
- NewsMV Agusta Brutale 800 RR America launched in India at Rs 18.73 lakh
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip