2017 Hyundai Elite i20 launched in India at Rs 5.36 lakh
Hyundai India has launched the 2017 edition of the Elite i20 at Rs 5.36 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the base Era petrol variant. That's Rs 29,000 cheaper than the 2016 model. This is a similar case with most of the other variants too which see a price drop ranging from around Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000.
The top-spec Asta and Asta (O) variants now get a new 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system which supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. They also get accents around the cabin like in the Hyundai i20 Active. Hyundai has introduced a new variant with a dual-tone paint job which is essentially the preferred body colour with a black roof. This variant is only available with the Asta variant and at Rs 7.25 lakh, it is Rs 25,000 more. These new updates should help keep the Elite i20 up to date with its competition like the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Honda Jazz.
The Hyundai Elite i20 continues to get the same set of petrol and diesel engines. The 1.2-litre petrol with a 5-speed manual produces 83PS and 115Nm, while the 1.4-litre turbodiesel with a 6-speed manual makes 90PS and 220Nm. There is also a 1.4-litre petrol engine producing 100PS and 132Nm that comes with just a 4-speed automatic. The top-spec Asta (O) variant now comes with six airbags and ABS like the Hyundai i20 Active. All the variants come with a driver and passenger airbag as standard, but ABS is available only on the top three trims.
Here is the difference in prices between the 2016 and 2017 Hyundai Elite i20 models:
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India