2017 Hyundai Verna attracts 15,000 bookings within 40 days of launch
Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) announced the recently launched 2017 Hyundai Verna has received more than 15,000 bookings and more than 124,000 enquiries. The next-gen Hyundai Verna has managed these numbers in just 40 days since its launch in India. The 2017 Hyundai Verna is based on a new K2 platform, which it shares with its larger sibling, the Hyundai Elantra. The Verna model has registered 8.8 million customers across 66 countries. HMIL MD and CEO YK Koo said that the company intends to deliver 12,000 before Diwali, and 20,000 by the end of the year. The 2017 Hyundai Verna was launched at an introductory price of Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The car is available in five variants - E, EX, SX, SX+ and SX(O). There are two engine options - a 123PS/151Nm 1.6-litre petrol and a 128PS/260Nm 1.6-litre turbo-diesel engine. Both engines will be offered with the choice of a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox. The petrol automatic is available in the EX and SX(O) variants while the diesel automatic is being offered on the EX and SX+ trims. The Hyundai Verna competes with the Honda City. See our comparison test of these two sedans here.
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 17.6 Lakhs
- FeaturesCounter to COVID-19 - Camper trailer tourism
- FeaturesElectric Dreams: Honda e
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subsidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far