2017 Hyundai Verna live launch updates
Hyundai's all-new Verna prices will be out soon. The company will have six trims each of the petrol and diesel, in manual as well as automatic guise. We expect the prices to start from Rs 7 lakh and go all the way to Rs 11 lakh. The new Verna is based on the same Elantra platform and is said to be better to drive. The engines are the same old ones from the previous-gen vehicle but have been tuned to deliver more efficiency. The Verna squares off against the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Honda City and Skoda Rapid. While we will have the drive as well as launch story up soon, you can also watch how things unfold in a press conference right here.
- The Hyundai Verna launch is expected to start at around 12pm
- The 2017 Hyundai Verna press conference is live now. YK Koo, MD and CEO of Hyundai India now on stage to talk about the Hyundai Verna.
- India is the third largest market for Hyundai after China and USA. In the first half of 2017, Hyundai India launched the new Grand i10 and Xcent.
- The 2017 Hyundai Verna has a cascading grille, is based on the Elantra's K2 platform, has lower NVH levels, has 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engine.
- First-in-segment features like ventilated seats, smart boot, sunroof and 3 years warranty for 2017 Hyundai Verna.
- Hyundai India aims to capture a new audience with the 2017 Hyundai Verna.
- Using the Elantra platform has helped liberate more space in the cabin as well as optimise it for the 2017 Hyundai Verna.
- Designers focused on the front and rear of the 2017 Hyundai Verna.
- The lower air intakes, headlamp as well as tail lamp detailing is very pronounced, says Hyundai India about the 2017 Hyundai Verna.
- The new Hyundai Verna will command respect and has a low drag coefficient, say company executives.
- 16-inch alloys add a sporty and premium feeling for the 2017 Hyundai Verna.
- Even the fog lamps are projector units in the new Hyundai Verna.
- Hyundai India uses a river stone as its design inspiration for the 2017 Hyundai Verna.
- The interior gives a premium feel, says Hyundai India.
- The 7-inch touchscreen system comes with Mirror Link, Android Auto and CarPlay.
- Seven exterior colour options available for the 2017 Hyundai Verna.
- Amit Dhaundiyal. General Manager for product planning from Hyundai India now on stage to talk about the features of the next-generation Verna.
- Hyundai has 8.8 million customers across the world
- The next- generation Verna has been conceptualised to be a premium sedan.
- The 2017 Hyundai Verna drag coefficient is 0.38.
- Low-end torque has been improved in both the petrol as well as diesel engines of the next-generation Verna. Improved ARAI mileage too.
- Dual airbags, ABS and ISOFIX mounts are standard on the 2017 Hyundai Verna while the top-spec variants come with four additional airbags.
- The Hyundai Auto Link helps manage parking, roadside assist, book a service and check vehicle health through an app.
- The 2017 Hyundai Verna launched in India, prices start at Rs. 7.99 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Starts Rs 7.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Toyota Camry launch in India
- NewsDakar 2019: Heroic Toby Price powers through to second Dakar win
- NewsDakar 2019: Nasser Al-Attiyah takes third Dakar crown
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports rider Oriol Mena ends rally ninth overall
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Omni to be phased out by mid-2019
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani