2017 Hyundai Verna variants and fuel efficiency revealed
The all-new 2017 Hyundai Verna will be launched in India in a few days from now. Hyundai India has saved most of the juicy details for a later date. However, OVERDRIVE has now learnt a few details about this 5th generation car prior to its launch here. The new Hyundai Verna will be sold here in both petrol as well as diesel guises. These will have six trims each.
Unlike the previous Verna, this one will be available only with 1.6-litre petrol as well as diesel engines only. The manual petrol and diesel will be available in E, EX, SX and SX(O) trims. Hyundai will offer the petrol autos in EX and SX(O) while the diesel automatic will be available in EX and SX+ trims. There are seven colours on offer including all-new red, brown, white and orange.
Like we discussed before, the Hyundai Verna's powertrains will eke out more efficiency than before. The manual petrol Verna now delivers 17.70kmpl as compared to the 17.4kmpl before. The petrol automatic in the meanwhile is 0.18kmpl more efficient now at 15.92kmpl. The diesel manual and automatic claim a fuel efficiency of 24.75kmpl and 21.02kmpl respectively. Other new features in the Verna, other than what we discussed before, are the ventilated front seats, cooled glove box, sunroof and the smart opening boot.
We expect prices of the new Hyundai Verna to start from Rs 7 lakh going up all the way to Rs 10 lakh. Expect more details on the new Verna on August 22, 2017.
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP