2017 Independence quattro drive: Day 1 - Chandigarh to Manali
Finally, the 2017 OVERDRIVE Audi Independence quattro drive has begun! We've begun another epic journey to the Himalayas to celebrate Independence Day. While the participants arrived at the JW Marriott Hotel in Chandigarh yesterday, the cars were stickered up and prepared for the long journey. As a part of the preparations, we used top-notch TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 ENERGY 5W-40 car engine oil and Michelin tyres from our partners.
Day 1 took us and the five Audis -- two top-spec Q3s and three Q7s -- around 300km from the plains of Chandigarh to the lush green mountains of Manali. Road conditions were a mixed bag, ranging from smooth straight roads to smooth winding roads and then some broken winding roads. But no matter what the conditions outside, the Audis did the job and kept us cocooned in luxury throughout. The grip from the Michelin tyres only complemented the dynamics of the SUV, while the TOTAL QUARTZ car engine oil kept the engines purring smoothly.
Day 2 will take the convoy around 140km from Manali to Jispa, across the first mountain pass of this trip, Rohtang, which is around 13,000ft above sea level.
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers