2017 Jeep Compass deliveries to start in India from August 6, 2017
Jeep India has just confirmed that they will start deliveries of the new Compass SUV from August 6, 2017. The compact SUV was launched a few days ago at a killer starting price of Rs 14.95 lakh, and Jeep India says that they have so far received more than 5,000 inquiries. The majority of the bookings, Jeep says, have been for the top-spec petrol automatic and the diesel 4x4.
The new Jeep Compass is made in India at Fiat's Ranjangaon facility. This SUV is also all-new and runs petrol as well as diesel engines. The petrol is a 162PS/250Nm 1.4-litre turbo-petrol while the diesel is a 173PS/350Nm 2.0-litre turbo-diesel. Both these engines can be ordered with a 6-speed manual as standard while the petrols also get the option of a 7-speed DCT. Fiat also offers the top-spec diesel with a 4x4 drivetrain. The petrol, in the meanwhile, makes do with a 4x2 configuration.
Jeep has also introduced the Mopar brand in India. Mopar will handle all the service requirement as well as the for Jeep. The Compass comes to India in Sport, Longitude and Limited trims. There are also a few optional packs offered on the top variants which enhance them cosmetically.
It remains to be seen how Fiat India copes up with the demand for the Jeep Compass SUV.
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the new Jeep Compass, click here
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsMeasures to boost automotive sector announced by Finance Minister in India
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh