2017 Jeep Compass deliveries to start in India from August 6, 2017
Jeep India has just confirmed that they will start deliveries of the new Compass SUV from August 6, 2017. The compact SUV was launched a few days ago at a killer starting price of Rs 14.95 lakh, and Jeep India says that they have so far received more than 5,000 inquiries. The majority of the bookings, Jeep says, have been for the top-spec petrol automatic and the diesel 4x4.
The new Jeep Compass is made in India at Fiat's Ranjangaon facility. This SUV is also all-new and runs petrol as well as diesel engines. The petrol is a 162PS/250Nm 1.4-litre turbo-petrol while the diesel is a 173PS/350Nm 2.0-litre turbo-diesel. Both these engines can be ordered with a 6-speed manual as standard while the petrols also get the option of a 7-speed DCT. Fiat also offers the top-spec diesel with a 4x4 drivetrain. The petrol, in the meanwhile, makes do with a 4x2 configuration.
Jeep has also introduced the Mopar brand in India. Mopar will handle all the service requirement as well as the for Jeep. The Compass comes to India in Sport, Longitude and Limited trims. There are also a few optional packs offered on the top variants which enhance them cosmetically.
It remains to be seen how Fiat India copes up with the demand for the Jeep Compass SUV.
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the new Jeep Compass, click here
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far