2017 Jeep Compass production begins in India
One of the most anticipated SUVs that is scheduled to launch this year is the Jeep Compass. The American car manufacturer presently has presence only in the premium space with the Grand Cherokee, Wrangler Unlimited and the Grand Cherokee SRT. With the addition of the Compass in its portfolio, Jeep will have a volume earner for the company.
The 2017 Jeep Compass is being manufactured at the FCA's joint-venture facility in Ranjangaon near Pune. The Jeep Compass will be manufactured at four different facilities Toluca in Mexico, Pernambuco in Brazil, Guangzhou in Brazil, and now Ranjangaon in India. However, the Ranjangaon facility will be the company's only RHD plant in the world and will also cater to export demands. The company has made a total investment of $280 million in this plant and put in a new paint facility. This plant will begin exports by the end of this year.
The occasion of the first Jeep Compass rollout was attended by Devendra Fadnavis, chief minister, Maharashtra; Paul Alcala, chief operating officer - APAC region, FCA; Kevin Flynn, president and MD, FCA India; Gurpratap Boparai, CEO, FIAPL and Girish Bapat, guardian minister, Pune.
"The establishment of manufacturing operations and start of production of the Jeep Compass is an important milestone for our journey in India," said Paul Alcala. He further added, "The Compass will be the first 'Made in India' Jeep vehicle."
The Ranjangaon plant of Jeep complies with all the standards set by its international plants. The Jeep Compass will enter full-fledged production run in July. Jeep has also confirmed that the Compass is expected to arrive in dealerships across India during the third quarter of 2017. The Jeep Compass will be available in three trims - Sport, Longitude and Limited. It will come with both petrol and diesel powertrains mated to manual and automatic transmissions. In addition, there will be over 50 trim configurations that one can purchase on the Compass SUV. Get all the details on the specifications and features of Jeep Compass here.
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far