2017 Jeep Compass to be launched in India on July 31
The Jeep Compass is clearly the most anticipated SUV to debut in India. While almost all details of the SUV are already out, we have now learnt that Jeep will be officially launching the Compass in India on July 31, 2017. The price range for which is said to be above Rs 16 lakh, ex-showroom.
The 2017 Jeep Compass is being manufactured at the company's joint facility in Ranjangaon near Pune. It is an important facility since all RHD versions of Compass will be manufactured at this centre. In addition, the Jeep Compass will also be manufactured in Mexico, Brazil and China. FCA has already made an investment of $280 million in the Ranjangaon plant and put in a new paint facility. The Jeep Compass entered full-fledged production run this month. Jeep has also confirmed that the Compass is expected to arrive in dealerships across India in the third quarter of 2017.
The engines that will be doing duty in the Jeep Compass in India are 1.4-litre MultiAir petrol that makes more than 160PS and 250Nm, whereas the diesel models will make use of a 2.0-litre unit that makes more than 170PS and 350Nm. Both these powertrains comply with the latest BS-IV emissions and can be scaled up to meet BS-VI emissions as well, confirmed Jeep at the time of its unveiling. Read our detailed 2017 road test review here.
In terms of features, the 2017 Jeep Compass comes equipped with Jeep Active Drive with Selec-Terrain Traction management System. Driveline Disconnect Technology disconnects the drive to the rear wheels when not required which in turns helps reduce fuel consumption. It also comes with variable Frequency Selective Damping.
The most important question about the 2017 Jeep Compass is its pricing which will also decide its fate in India. We have already compared it with the Tata Hexa and the Hyundai Tucson to understand where it fits in the segment. Let us know your expectations of Jeep Compass prices in India in the comment section below.
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.72 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018