2017 Jeep Compass variants and features explained
The American SUV brand, Jeep, arrived in India last year with its premium range consisting of the Wrangler Unlimited 4x4 and the Grand Cherokee. Both were criticised for their premium pricing. However, its latest offering, the 2017 Jeep Compass, is in the news for all the right reasons. At Rs 14.95 lakh, ex-Delhi, the Jeep Compass is already being seen as the strongest competitor to the Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500. While a real-world comparison will help settle the dust once and for all, here is a look at how the variants of the 2017 Jeep Compass stack against one another.
2017 Jeep Compass Sport: Rs 14.95 lakh (P)/Rs 15.45 lakh (D)
The Sport variant is the range starter for the 2017 Jeep Compass in India. It is available with both petrol and diesel engine options with manual transmission. This comes with quad halogen headlamps, electrically adjustable door mirrors and R16 steel wheels. Inside, it comes equipped with 12.7cm touchscreen infotainment system and black fabric upholstery with tan stitching. In terms of safety, Jeep offers driver airbag, electronic stability control, ABS with EBD and electronic parking brake on the Sport variant.
2017 Jeep Compass Longitude: Rs 16.45 lakh (D)/Option: Rs 17.25 lakh (D)
Positioned above the Sport variant is the Longitude and the optional pack that is only available with the diesel engine. The Longitude variant features front cornering fog lamps, rear fog lamps, R17 alloy wheels, keyless entry, push-button start, park assist and Sandstone Sedoso fabric upholstery with dark saddle stitching. The Longitude Option variant comes with 17.78cm touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options. In addition, it gets bi-function projector lights.
2017 Jeep Compass Limited: Rs 18.05 lakh (D)/Option: Rs. 18.75 lakh (D)
2017 Jeep Compass Limited AT: Rs 18.70 lakh (P)/Option AT: Rs. 19.40 lakh (P)
The Limited variant is offered on both petrol and diesel engines. The latter is offered only with 7-speed DDCT automatic transmission. The Limited trims sports LED tail lights, reverse parking camera, leather-wrapped steering wheel and seats, scuff plates and Ski-grey McKinley leather with red stitching. The optional variant comes with Bi-Xenon lights and dual-tone roof, in addition to the features that are offered in the lower variants.
2017 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Rs 19.95 lakh (D)/Option: Rs 20.65 lakh (D)
This is the top-end variant of the 2017 Jeep Compass. It is only offered with the 2.0-litre multijet diesel engine with 6-speed manual transmission. This one also comes with Selec-Terrain drive modes, 4WD, side airbags and all-row side curtain airbags. The option pack offers Bi-Xenon lights and dual-tone roof.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.57 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh