2017 Jeep Compass variants and features explained
The American SUV brand, Jeep, arrived in India last year with its premium range consisting of the Wrangler Unlimited 4x4 and the Grand Cherokee. Both were criticised for their premium pricing. However, its latest offering, the 2017 Jeep Compass, is in the news for all the right reasons. At Rs 14.95 lakh, ex-Delhi, the Jeep Compass is already being seen as the strongest competitor to the Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500. While a real-world comparison will help settle the dust once and for all, here is a look at how the variants of the 2017 Jeep Compass stack against one another.
2017 Jeep Compass Sport: Rs 14.95 lakh (P)/Rs 15.45 lakh (D)
The Sport variant is the range starter for the 2017 Jeep Compass in India. It is available with both petrol and diesel engine options with manual transmission. This comes with quad halogen headlamps, electrically adjustable door mirrors and R16 steel wheels. Inside, it comes equipped with 12.7cm touchscreen infotainment system and black fabric upholstery with tan stitching. In terms of safety, Jeep offers driver airbag, electronic stability control, ABS with EBD and electronic parking brake on the Sport variant.
2017 Jeep Compass Longitude: Rs 16.45 lakh (D)/Option: Rs 17.25 lakh (D)
Positioned above the Sport variant is the Longitude and the optional pack that is only available with the diesel engine. The Longitude variant features front cornering fog lamps, rear fog lamps, R17 alloy wheels, keyless entry, push-button start, park assist and Sandstone Sedoso fabric upholstery with dark saddle stitching. The Longitude Option variant comes with 17.78cm touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options. In addition, it gets bi-function projector lights.
2017 Jeep Compass Limited: Rs 18.05 lakh (D)/Option: Rs. 18.75 lakh (D)
2017 Jeep Compass Limited AT: Rs 18.70 lakh (P)/Option AT: Rs. 19.40 lakh (P)
The Limited variant is offered on both petrol and diesel engines. The latter is offered only with 7-speed DDCT automatic transmission. The Limited trims sports LED tail lights, reverse parking camera, leather-wrapped steering wheel and seats, scuff plates and Ski-grey McKinley leather with red stitching. The optional variant comes with Bi-Xenon lights and dual-tone roof, in addition to the features that are offered in the lower variants.
2017 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Rs 19.95 lakh (D)/Option: Rs 20.65 lakh (D)
This is the top-end variant of the 2017 Jeep Compass. It is only offered with the 2.0-litre multijet diesel engine with 6-speed manual transmission. This one also comes with Selec-Terrain drive modes, 4WD, side airbags and all-row side curtain airbags. The option pack offers Bi-Xenon lights and dual-tone roof.
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.49 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa