2017 JKNRC: Vishnu Prasad continues to lead Euro 17 championship
Mumbai racer Nayan Chatterjee and Hyderabad's Anindith Reddy too won win apiece on Day 1 of Round 2 of the 20th JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship. Both Nayan and Anindith took victory in the championship's premier class, the Euro JK 17 category. However, on Day 2 it was Vishnu Prasad who started out well, winning Race 3, while Ricky Capo took victory in Race 4. This meant that Vishnu Prasad, who'd had a disastrous first race when his engine suddenly stalled when he was in the lead and looked set for a first place finish, was able to retain his lead in the championship standings, with a total of 40 points, while Anindith, with 27 points is second in the championship. Nayan, with 24 points, is third.
Anindith Reddy on his way to victory in the Euro 17 Race 2
In the Suzuki Gixxer Cup, it was Chennai's Joseph Matthew who continued his winning streak. The rider took victory in both the races, extending his lead in the championship.
Aizawl's Joseph Matthew breezing his way to victory in the JK Tyre - Suzuki Gixxer Cup in Round 2 of the JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship at Coimbatore
In the LGB F4 races, it was Kolhapur's Chittesh Mandody who took a fine first place in the first race, ahead of Rohit Khanna and Raghul Rangasamy. But Mandody, who was leading the championship after the first round, could not hold onto the lead once the second round was over. When he was handed a 30 second penalty for an infringement during the second race, it meant that Sandeep Kumar took victory, while Vishnu took second and Raghul took third place. The third race also witnessed the results sheet being reshuffled, after race winner Diljith TS was disqualified. This meant that Vishnu took victory, with Raghul second and Bryan Perera third.
In the Red Bull Rookies Cup races, Jaden Gunawardena won Race 1, ahead of Lalhruaizela and Lalnunsanga. Race 2 saw the order almost unchanged, with the only change being that it was Varoon S who took third place in the race.
Starts Rs 81,175
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled