2017 KTM RC 200 and RC 390 launched in India at Rs 1.71 lakh and Rs 2.25 lakh respectively
KTM has launched the updated RC twins in India. The 2017 KTM RC 200 is priced at Rs 1.71 lakh while the RC 390 retails for Rs 2.25 lakh, ex-Delhi. This is a price increase by Rs 5,000 and Rs 13,000 over the outgoing RCs.
Apart from the new livery, BS4 compliance and less fuel vapour loss for both the motorcycles, there are significant mechanical updates to the RC twins. The KTM RC 200 for example gets 300mm disc brakes, up by 20mm from the old motorcycle. The engine is BS4 compliant and also claims to be smoother than before. The 2017 KTM RC 390 sees a bigger change though. This includes a side slung exhaust, bigger 320mm front disc brake, ride-by-wire, adjustable levers, UV resistant paint, wider mirrors, BS4 compliant motor with a 1Nm increase in peak torque and slipper clutch. The motorcycle also sees an increase in weight by around 5kg.
New KTM RC 200
Rajiv Bajaj also informed us that the Adventure series has been given the go-ahead by the board and it will be just a matter of time before the motorcycles go on sale. The updated KTM Dukes will be launched soon. The update to the Dukes is a tad more significant compared to the RCs with a TFT instrument cluster that offers a lot of options including smartphone connectivity. Recently Bajaj Auto updated its entire range of motorcycles to meet BS4 compliance. Next up should be the move to introduce ABS or combined braking to the range depending on the displacement capacity.
Starts Rs 1,76,640
Starts Rs 2,35,735
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show