2017 Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster with 740PS launched in India at Rs 5.79 crore
Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster has been launched in India at a price Rs 5.76 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi), after it was recently unveiled at the International Motor Show, Germany in Frankfurt. The Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster packs in the same mechanicals from its hard-top sibling, the Lamborghini Aventador S Coupe which we drove earlier this year. That is a good thing, considering that the Aventador S Roadster retains that glorious sounding naturally-aspirated 6.5-litre V12 which makes 740PS/690Nm. This thanks to further optimisation of the variable valve timing and the variable intake systems. The redline has moved up too from 8,350rpm to 8,500rpm. The Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster's seven-speed Independent Shifting Rod (ISR) transmission is said to offer gearshifts within 50 milliseconds. The Aventador S Roadster reaches 100kmph in 3.0 seconds flat, 0.1 seconds slower than the Coupe, probably because the Aventador S Roadster weighs 50kg more. The top speed of both cars, however, is identical at 350kmph. Deliveries of the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster are expected to begin in February 2018, while bookings for the same have already begun.
The front-end of the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster gets a more aggressive-looking front bumper than the standard Aventador Roadster
The S variant gets 40PS more power than the standard Aventador Roadster, four-wheel steering, upgraded suspension and an individual drive mode called Ego, which lets the driver setup every tunable aspect of the Lamborghini to their liking. In the looks department, the front-end of the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster features the same bumper seen on the coupe, which looks more aggressive than the one on the outgoing car.
The rear of the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster is different from the coupe's rear. The Roadster gets a bridge running over the engine which splits the slats
The rear, however, is quite different from the coupe. Instead of the slatted rear-window on the coupe, the Aventador S Roadster has a bridge running from the window over the engine with either body colour and matte black painted carbon-fibre engine bonnet blades or transpired blades to show off that gorgeous V12. Not enough to ogle at? Here's our image gallery of the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster.
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India