2017 Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster with 740PS launched in India at Rs 5.79 crore
Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster has been launched in India at a price Rs 5.76 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi), after it was recently unveiled at the International Motor Show, Germany in Frankfurt. The Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster packs in the same mechanicals from its hard-top sibling, the Lamborghini Aventador S Coupe which we drove earlier this year. That is a good thing, considering that the Aventador S Roadster retains that glorious sounding naturally-aspirated 6.5-litre V12 which makes 740PS/690Nm. This thanks to further optimisation of the variable valve timing and the variable intake systems. The redline has moved up too from 8,350rpm to 8,500rpm. The Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster's seven-speed Independent Shifting Rod (ISR) transmission is said to offer gearshifts within 50 milliseconds. The Aventador S Roadster reaches 100kmph in 3.0 seconds flat, 0.1 seconds slower than the Coupe, probably because the Aventador S Roadster weighs 50kg more. The top speed of both cars, however, is identical at 350kmph. Deliveries of the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster are expected to begin in February 2018, while bookings for the same have already begun.
The front-end of the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster gets a more aggressive-looking front bumper than the standard Aventador Roadster
The S variant gets 40PS more power than the standard Aventador Roadster, four-wheel steering, upgraded suspension and an individual drive mode called Ego, which lets the driver setup every tunable aspect of the Lamborghini to their liking. In the looks department, the front-end of the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster features the same bumper seen on the coupe, which looks more aggressive than the one on the outgoing car.
The rear of the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster is different from the coupe's rear. The Roadster gets a bridge running over the engine which splits the slats
The rear, however, is quite different from the coupe. Instead of the slatted rear-window on the coupe, the Aventador S Roadster has a bridge running from the window over the engine with either body colour and matte black painted carbon-fibre engine bonnet blades or transpired blades to show off that gorgeous V12. Not enough to ogle at? Here's our image gallery of the Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster.
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea