2017 Land Rover Discovery deliveries to start in india in October
The all-new Land Rover Discovery made its debut at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. The SUV is based on the company's Premium Lightweight Architecture (PLA) which has made it 480kg lighter than the previous-gen model. While it is already available in the international markets, Land Rover will soon announce the prices of the all-new Discovery in India. The company will begin deliveries of the new Discovery in October this year.
The new-gen Land Rover Discovery has chucked the squarish profile and straight lines for a sleeker and sophisticated design. While this might appeal to the new-age customers, the existing enthusiasts might find the change a bit too much. We also believe that the upcoming new-age Defender will fill in the void of a traditional SUV design. The fifth-generation Land Rover Discovery is 140mm longer and shorter in height than the previous model. The side profile of the new-age Discovery looks almost like the smaller Discovery Sport, evidently so because of the slanted and thick C-pillar.
The cabin arrangement of the 2017 Land Rover Discovery has been completely redone with new design and trim layers. Sharing with the flagship Range Rover are the steering wheel, dashboard and the central panel. Similar to the Sport, this one too will be offered in 5- and 7-seat configurations. Land Rover has made a smartphone application that helps move the seat, a part of the InControl touch pro services. It will also come with the new 10-inch infotainment system with Android and iOS connectivity.
The new-age Land Rover Discovery makes use of a 180PS 2.0-litre Ingenium 4-cylinder Td4 diesel engine. The more powerful twin-turbo Sd4 Ingenium 4-cylinder diesel produces 240PS and 500Nm of torque. The 6-cylinder diesel motor produces 258PS and delivers 600Nm of torque. The petrol models will be powered by a supercharged 3.0-litre V6 motor that churns 340PS and 450Nm. When launched in India, the Discovery will be powered by the twin-turbo Sd4 Ingenium unit.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review