2017 Mahindra XUV500 Sportz limited edition launched in India at Rs 16.5 lakh
Mahindra has quietly launched the XUV500 Sportz limited edition in India. This is the second time that Mahindra has offered the Sportz edition on its SUV. Priced at Rs 16.5 lakh (ex-Mumbai), this special edition gets cosmetic updates only. The Sportz edition is offered on the front-wheel drive W10 trim. It is available in both manual and automatic transmissions. The company has not revealed the exact number of units of the Sportz edition that will be available across dealerships in India.
This special edition is priced at Rs 10,000 more over the regular manual and automatic W10 variants. The Mahindra XUV500 Sportz edition retains the design but gets decals on the bonnet, red inserts around the fog lamps, and red coloured roof rails and door handles. The decals are also seen on the ORVMs as well as on the running board. Additionally, it gets an S-badge on the C-pillar, dashboard and the key.
While the decals make it look distinct from outside, the cabin design and the feature list remain unchanged. The W10 trim comes equipped with the electrically adjustable driver seat, reverse park assist, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and hill descent control.
The are no changes in the powertrain as the 2017 Mahindra XUV500 Sportz retains its 2,179cc diesel engine that makes 140PS/330Nm. Power is sent to the front wheels with a 6-speed manual transmission. The automatic variants comes with a 6-speed automatic box. We have compared the Mahindra XUV500 automatic with the Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8 automatic. Read our detailed comparison story here.
Mahindra launched the Sportz XUV500 in June 2014 to celebrate the anniversary of the SUV in India. However, this time around the manufacturer has launched it at an earlier date. While the company is yet to give an official statement for the same, we believe it is Mahindra's move against the recently launched Tata Hexa priced between Rs 11.99-17.49 lakh.
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.52 Lakhs
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon