2017 Mahindra XUV500 Sportz limited edition launched in India at Rs 16.5 lakh
Mahindra has quietly launched the XUV500 Sportz limited edition in India. This is the second time that Mahindra has offered the Sportz edition on its SUV. Priced at Rs 16.5 lakh (ex-Mumbai), this special edition gets cosmetic updates only. The Sportz edition is offered on the front-wheel drive W10 trim. It is available in both manual and automatic transmissions. The company has not revealed the exact number of units of the Sportz edition that will be available across dealerships in India.
This special edition is priced at Rs 10,000 more over the regular manual and automatic W10 variants. The Mahindra XUV500 Sportz edition retains the design but gets decals on the bonnet, red inserts around the fog lamps, and red coloured roof rails and door handles. The decals are also seen on the ORVMs as well as on the running board. Additionally, it gets an S-badge on the C-pillar, dashboard and the key.
While the decals make it look distinct from outside, the cabin design and the feature list remain unchanged. The W10 trim comes equipped with the electrically adjustable driver seat, reverse park assist, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and hill descent control.
The are no changes in the powertrain as the 2017 Mahindra XUV500 Sportz retains its 2,179cc diesel engine that makes 140PS/330Nm. Power is sent to the front wheels with a 6-speed manual transmission. The automatic variants comes with a 6-speed automatic box. We have compared the Mahindra XUV500 automatic with the Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8 automatic. Read our detailed comparison story here.
Mahindra launched the Sportz XUV500 in June 2014 to celebrate the anniversary of the SUV in India. However, this time around the manufacturer has launched it at an earlier date. While the company is yet to give an official statement for the same, we believe it is Mahindra's move against the recently launched Tata Hexa priced between Rs 11.99-17.49 lakh.
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.52 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers