2017 Malaysian Superbike Championship: K Rajini scores a podium
The third round of the 2017 Malaysian Superbike Championship was held at the Sepang International Circuit, between the 28th and 30th of July.
K Rajini took one podium at Round 3 of the 2017 Malaysian Superbike Championship
It was a tough outing for Rajini Krishnan, who was competing in the Superbike class (that is the 1000cc open class). The Indian rider, who won the Malaysian Superbike Championship in 2015, qualified on pole. However, the race wasn't particularly good, with Krishnan suffering a first corner crash and sustaining an injury and damage to the bike, that put him out of contention for the rest of the race.
A crash in Race 1 left Rajini with a damaged motorcycle and an injury too
In the second race, things looked up though. Rajini managed to make it to the podium, after having an intense battle with his team-mate for third place.
Team RACR also fielded two bikes in the 250cc category. One bike was piloted by Prabhu Arunagiri, who qualified sixth, finished Race 1 in seventh place, and Race 2 in sixth place. Ritesh Sapre, the team's other rider, completed both races, although he finished outside of the points.
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh
- NewsMcLaren Speedtail testing begins before 2020 deliveries
- NewsHonda Cars India could launch its first electric vehicle in India by 2023-2024
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...
- NewsTata 45X premium hatchback spotted testing ahead of Diwali 2019 launch
- NewsThird generation Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe to launch in India on November 16