2017 Malaysian Superbike Championship: K Rajini scores a podium
The third round of the 2017 Malaysian Superbike Championship was held at the Sepang International Circuit, between the 28th and 30th of July.
K Rajini took one podium at Round 3 of the 2017 Malaysian Superbike Championship
It was a tough outing for Rajini Krishnan, who was competing in the Superbike class (that is the 1000cc open class). The Indian rider, who won the Malaysian Superbike Championship in 2015, qualified on pole. However, the race wasn't particularly good, with Krishnan suffering a first corner crash and sustaining an injury and damage to the bike, that put him out of contention for the rest of the race.
A crash in Race 1 left Rajini with a damaged motorcycle and an injury too
In the second race, things looked up though. Rajini managed to make it to the podium, after having an intense battle with his team-mate for third place.
Team RACR also fielded two bikes in the 250cc category. One bike was piloted by Prabhu Arunagiri, who qualified sixth, finished Race 1 in seventh place, and Race 2 in sixth place. Ritesh Sapre, the team's other rider, completed both races, although he finished outside of the points.
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsMeasures to boost automotive sector announced by Finance Minister in India
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh