2017 Malaysian Superbike Championship: K Rajini scores a podium
The third round of the 2017 Malaysian Superbike Championship was held at the Sepang International Circuit, between the 28th and 30th of July.
K Rajini took one podium at Round 3 of the 2017 Malaysian Superbike Championship
It was a tough outing for Rajini Krishnan, who was competing in the Superbike class (that is the 1000cc open class). The Indian rider, who won the Malaysian Superbike Championship in 2015, qualified on pole. However, the race wasn't particularly good, with Krishnan suffering a first corner crash and sustaining an injury and damage to the bike, that put him out of contention for the rest of the race.
A crash in Race 1 left Rajini with a damaged motorcycle and an injury too
In the second race, things looked up though. Rajini managed to make it to the podium, after having an intense battle with his team-mate for third place.
Team RACR also fielded two bikes in the 250cc category. One bike was piloted by Prabhu Arunagiri, who qualified sixth, finished Race 1 in seventh place, and Race 2 in sixth place. Ritesh Sapre, the team's other rider, completed both races, although he finished outside of the points.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far