2017 Maruti Dzire diesel to be the most fuel-efficient mass production car in India
After the all-new Dzire's unveil a couple of weeks ago, a report now suggests that the car will deliver a higher claimed fuel efficiency than before. The all-new Maruti Suzuki Dzire diesel will deliver 28.40kmpl as compared to the outgoing car's 26.59kmpl. The petrol motor too gets a significant 2kmpl increase in its efficiency from the earlier 20.85kmpl. Maruti is yet to release the official efficiency numbers though.
While the power outputs of the petrol and diesel motors remain unchanged at 84PS/115Nm and 75PS/190Nm respectively, there are revisions to the engines in the form of enhanced thermal efficiency and low-friction rocker arms. Both the petrol and diesel engines get optional 5-speed AMT along with the standard 5-speed manual transmission. The chassis itself is derived from the upcoming all-new Swift and makes the Dzire nearly 105kg lighter than the older car. Maruti is quick to point out that structural rigidity as well as crash worthiness of the new car is better than before. In fact, after the Ignis as well as the Brezza, the Dzire also has been crash tested for side as well as pedestrian protection compliance.
It is expected that the new Dzire will be marginally expensive than the outgoing car. The old Dzire will continue to sell as the Tour or taxi variant. Maruti will launch the all-new Dzire in India on May 16, 2017. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for the review as well as prices of the new Dzire.
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Maruti Dzire
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar