2017 Maruti Suzuki Baleno AT Alpha launched in India at Rs 8.34 lakh
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is clearly one of the most popular hatchbacks to be sold by the Indian automobile manufacturer. This can be seen with its long waiting periods. The car manufacturer, to further widen its appeal, has now added one more trim to the Baleno model. In addition to the automatic option being available on Delta (7.34 lakh) and Zeta (7.63 lakh) variants, there is now an Alpha automatic priced at Rs 8.34 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Maruti Suzuki has sold over 2 lakh units of Baleno since its launch in October 2015. The company sold over 1 lakh units in less than a year. The premium hatchback is exported to over 100 countries and is also the first Maruti car being exported to Japan. The carmaker has exported over 68,000 units to Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and several parts of Europe and Latin America.
The Baleno gets a well-designed dash but the Apple CarPlay/Android Auto touchscreen system from the top model is missed
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno gets the same 1.2-litre K-series petrol engine and a 1.3-litre DDiS DOHC engine as the Maruti Swift. The petrol engine produces 84PS/115Nm with a claimed fuel efficiency of 21.4kmpl. It is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission with an option of a CVT.
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018