2017 Maruti Suzuki Celerio X (Celerio Cross) bookings start in India for Rs 10,000
It was just a few days ago that we told you about Maruti Suzuki working on a new iteration of the Celerio, called the Celerio X or the Celerio Cross. And now there are images of the production ready model snapped at one of the Maruti Suzuki dealerships in the country. As reported earlier, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio X will be a facelifted version of the hatchback that gets a crossover-like cladding. The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Celerio X will be only available with a three-cylinder 998cc petrol motor as the diesel powertrain was discontinued few months ago. The Maruti Suzuki dealerships have already started taking bookings of the Celerio X for a token amount of Rs 10,000. Some of the company's dealerships have the previous iteration of the Celerio as well, but are not offering any discount on the same. The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Celerio X is believed to go on sale at the end of this month in India.
The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Celerio X has body cladding as well as 6-spoke alloys as well as a matte finish grille. The Maruti Suzuki Celerio Cross will most likely have a 20mm increase in its ground clearance and those cosmetic bits from the Geneva show car. Maruti will retain the 69PS 1.0-litre petrol engine in this Celerio Cross. Expect the Maruti Suzuki Celerio Cross to be priced around Rs 40,000 more than the regular Celerio. ABS as well as dual airbags will be standard on the lone trim that will be on offer.
For Maruti, the Celerio has been a steady performer for the first two years since its launch in 2014. However, sales of the car have gone down recently due to no refreshes being done to the product and with the introduction of new cars by rivals like Tata Motors. We have tried to reach out to Maruti Suzuki to get more clarity on the launch of the 2017 Celerio X
Image source: Gaadiwaadi.com
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.57 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show