2017 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Heads from Noida to Hanumangarh for Stage 1
The 15th Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm was flagged off from the GIP Mall on Sunday. This year the rally will run from the competitive start in Hanumangarh, Rajasthan through 2,000km of gruelling desert stages to its finish in Jodhpur, six days later. This years rally will see CS Santosh return to defend his title, fresh back from his 2017 Dakar campaign. He is part of a competitive field this year that also consists of 10 women participants in both the two and four wheeled categories. Suresh Rana, who won his fourth Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm in 2016, will be looking to add one more victory this year.
Like last year, the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm consists of four categories XTreme, NDure, Xplore and Moto (motorcycles). Along with the Maruti Suzuki Raid de Himalaya, this is one of the most challenging raid style rally competitions in the country. This year will also feature a 207km long Special Stage, billed as the longest stage in Indian Motorsport history.
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally