2017 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Sanjay Agarwal leads Xtreme category after Leg 2
The second leg of the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm saw participants traverse 500km from Bikaner to Jaisalmer, via Noorsar, Kelan, Rajasar, Motigarh and Nokhra. They completed three stages along the way - stages that proved to be rather tricky, ensuring that the positions on the leaderboard got shaken up a little too.
In the Xtreme category of the event, it was defending champion Sanjay Agarwal, navigated by Shivaprakash, who moved into the lead. Suresh Rana and navigator Ashwin Naik checked into a time control early, which meant that they incurred a 16 minute penalty that pushed them down the order to third place. Second place in the Xtreme category went to Harpreet Bawa and Virendra Kashyap, making sure Team Maruti Suzuki was represented towards the top of the leader board.
The top spot in the Moto category of the event continues to be held by CS Santosh from Hero MotoSport Team Rally. TVS Racing's R Nataraj is currently second, while Sanjay Kumar is third in the standings.
In the event's Ndure category, it was Debajyoti Nath and Arindam Ghosh who retained their lead, having acrued the least penalties. Arpit Gupta and T Nagarajan were second in the category. Third place went to Nikunj Toshniwal and navigator Suvrajit Dutta.
In the Xplore category, Karthick Maruthi and Sankar Anand finished first followed by Rajesh Chalana and co driver Satish Gopalkrishnan, Jagmeet Gill and Chandan Sen retained their third position in this leg as well.
Provisional results at the end of Leg 2
Sanjay Agarwal and Shivaprakash 03:10:15 with a total penalty of 01:15:38
Harpreet Bawa and Virendra Kashyap 03:15:07 with a total penalty of 01:17:03
Suresh Rana and Ashwin Rana 03:21:14 with a total penalty of 01:11:42
C. S. Santosh 02:37:36 with a total penalty of 00:41:29
R Nataraj 02:48:54 with a total penalty of 00:44:35
Sanjay Kumar 02:53:44 with a total penalty of 00:49:05
Debajyoti Nath and Arindam Ghosh- 00:04:12
Arpit Gupta and T Nagarajan- 00:04:41
Nikunj Toshniwal and Suvrajit Dutta-00:04:46
Karthick Maruthi and Sankar Anand 00:00:38
Rajesh Chalana and Satish Gopalkrishnan 00:00:40
Jagmeet Gill and Chandan Sen 00:00:42
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch