2017 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Suresh Rana leads after Stage 1
The first leg of the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm concluded in Bikaner. Competitors had to cover a distance of around 250km, as they made their way from Hanumangarh to Bikaner, via Hardaswali and Arjansar.
In the event's extreme category it was Suresh Rana from Team Maruti who led the rally, finishing the first stage first, ably navigated by Ashwin Naik in their Grand Vitara. Ending the day second was Gaurav Chiripal (navigated by Srikanth Gowda), while third place at the end of the day went to Sanjay Agarwal, with navigator Shivaprakash.
In the Moto category, it was India's big Dakar hope, CS Santosh who made it to the end of the stage first astride his Hero MotoSports Team Rally 450. TVS Racing's Tanveer Abdul Wahid completed the stage second, while R Nataraj, also from TVS Racing, ended the rally third.
In today's stage, the rally will move towards Jaisalmer, with a total distance of 500km being covered.
Results Extreme category after Stage 1:
Suresh Rana and Ashwin Naik 1:11:42
Gaurav Chiripal and Srikanth Gowda 1:11:45
Sanjay Agarwal and Shivaprakash 1:15:38
Results Moto category after Stage 1:
CS. Santosh 00:41:29
Tanveer Abdul Wahid 00:41:48
R Nataraj 00:44:35
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsWRC 2019: Ott Tanak wins Rally Sweden
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani