2017 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Suresh Rana leads after Stage 1
The first leg of the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm concluded in Bikaner. Competitors had to cover a distance of around 250km, as they made their way from Hanumangarh to Bikaner, via Hardaswali and Arjansar.
In the event's extreme category it was Suresh Rana from Team Maruti who led the rally, finishing the first stage first, ably navigated by Ashwin Naik in their Grand Vitara. Ending the day second was Gaurav Chiripal (navigated by Srikanth Gowda), while third place at the end of the day went to Sanjay Agarwal, with navigator Shivaprakash.
In the Moto category, it was India's big Dakar hope, CS Santosh who made it to the end of the stage first astride his Hero MotoSports Team Rally 450. TVS Racing's Tanveer Abdul Wahid completed the stage second, while R Nataraj, also from TVS Racing, ended the rally third.
In today's stage, the rally will move towards Jaisalmer, with a total distance of 500km being covered.
Results Extreme category after Stage 1:
Suresh Rana and Ashwin Naik 1:11:42
Gaurav Chiripal and Srikanth Gowda 1:11:45
Sanjay Agarwal and Shivaprakash 1:15:38
Results Moto category after Stage 1:
CS. Santosh 00:41:29
Tanveer Abdul Wahid 00:41:48
R Nataraj 00:44:35
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rallye Deutschland for Ott Tanak
- NewsHonda crosses 1 crore two-wheeler sales in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa combined
- News2018 Tata Tigor JTP spied with twin barrel exhaust
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launched in India at a price of Rs 8.19 lakh
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz - Watch Live Launch
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander launched in India for Rs 31.95 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsHyundai announces investment in Indian self-drive car sharing company Revv
- NewsMini Urban Drive experience begins in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to be launched in India today
- NewsHyundai AH2 (Santro) hatchback naming contest begins in India