2017 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Suresh Rana moves back into lead after Leg 3
The third leg of the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm saw participants travel 350km. Of these 350km, 200km comprised one single long stage, that went through sand dunes, rocks and tarmac.
In the Xtreme category, Suresh Rana and navigator Ashwin Naik, in their Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, managed to move back into the lead. Sandeep Sharma and Karan Arya in their Gypsy slotted into second place. Third place at the end of Leg 3 is occupied by Niju Padia and navigator Nirav Mehta, competing in a Mitsubishi Pajero.
In the Moto category, Hero MotoSports Team Rally's CS Santosh still retains first place, followed by R Nataraj and Tanveer Abdul Wahid who are in second and third place.
In the Ndure category of the event, competitors are set the task of calculating time, speed, distance, and avoiding penalties. This category saw Arpit Gupta, with T Nagarajan as navigator, in the lead. Second place after Leg 3 went to Debajyoti Nath, with navigator Arindam Ghosh. Third place was occupied by Nikunj Toshniwala, with Suvrajit Dutta as navigator.
The results of the Xplore A category were declared too. Ali Ajgar and Mohammed Musthafa won the title, followed by Karthick Maruthi and Sankar Anand in second place. Anupam Chandra and Adheesh Agrawal finished third in the category. The top three winners were all part of Team Maruti Suzuki.
Xtreme category (Provisional):
Suresh Rana and Ashwin Naik 06:37:29
Sandeep Sharma and Karan Arya 06:42:47
Niju Padia and Nirav Mehta 06:44:34
Moto category (Provisional):
CS Santosh 05:26:00
R Nataraj 05:26:42
Tanveer Abdul Wahid 05:46:36
NDure category (Provisional):
Arpit Gupta and T Nagarajan- 00:06:25
Debajyoti Nath and Arindam Ghosh- 00:24:21
Nikunj Toshniwal and Suvrajit Dutta-01:08:08
Xplore category (Final):
Ali Ajgar and Mohammed Musthafa 00:15:13
Karthick Maruthi and Sankar Anand 00:37:16
Anupam Chandra and Adheesh Agrawal 01:23:11
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350