2017 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Suresh Rana moves back into lead after Leg 3
The third leg of the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm saw participants travel 350km. Of these 350km, 200km comprised one single long stage, that went through sand dunes, rocks and tarmac.
In the Xtreme category, Suresh Rana and navigator Ashwin Naik, in their Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, managed to move back into the lead. Sandeep Sharma and Karan Arya in their Gypsy slotted into second place. Third place at the end of Leg 3 is occupied by Niju Padia and navigator Nirav Mehta, competing in a Mitsubishi Pajero.
In the Moto category, Hero MotoSports Team Rally's CS Santosh still retains first place, followed by R Nataraj and Tanveer Abdul Wahid who are in second and third place.
In the Ndure category of the event, competitors are set the task of calculating time, speed, distance, and avoiding penalties. This category saw Arpit Gupta, with T Nagarajan as navigator, in the lead. Second place after Leg 3 went to Debajyoti Nath, with navigator Arindam Ghosh. Third place was occupied by Nikunj Toshniwala, with Suvrajit Dutta as navigator.
The results of the Xplore A category were declared too. Ali Ajgar and Mohammed Musthafa won the title, followed by Karthick Maruthi and Sankar Anand in second place. Anupam Chandra and Adheesh Agrawal finished third in the category. The top three winners were all part of Team Maruti Suzuki.
Xtreme category (Provisional):
Suresh Rana and Ashwin Naik 06:37:29
Sandeep Sharma and Karan Arya 06:42:47
Niju Padia and Nirav Mehta 06:44:34
Moto category (Provisional):
CS Santosh 05:26:00
R Nataraj 05:26:42
Tanveer Abdul Wahid 05:46:36
NDure category (Provisional):
Arpit Gupta and T Nagarajan- 00:06:25
Debajyoti Nath and Arindam Ghosh- 00:24:21
Nikunj Toshniwal and Suvrajit Dutta-01:08:08
Xplore category (Final):
Ali Ajgar and Mohammed Musthafa 00:15:13
Karthick Maruthi and Sankar Anand 00:37:16
Anupam Chandra and Adheesh Agrawal 01:23:11
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers