2017 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross reaches 11,000 bookings since launch
Maruti Suzuki seems to be looking at another winner with its 2017 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross which has already received over 11,000 bookings since in India its launch last month. The 2017 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross compact SUV was launched in the country on October 3, 2017 at a price of Rs 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base Sigma variant. Bookings for the Maruti S-Cross facelift had begun at the 280+ Nexa dealerships for a booking amount of Rs 11,000. The new Maruti Suzuki S-Cross facelift is available with the 90PS 1.3-litre diesel engine coupled with a Smart Hybrid Vehicle System that's already in use on the Maruti Ciaz and Ertiga. Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the 1.6-litre Multijet diesel engine as buyers were not really keen on paying extra for that particular option. MSIL was hoping for a turnaround for this model with the 2017 facelift's launch and it appears to have achieved this goal.
There will also be no petrol engine available with the Maruti S-Cross facelift. We have driven the 2017 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross facelift and believe that the engine still has that familiarly noisy character, with turbo-lag till around 1,800rpm, after which 200Nm of torque is simply shoved in your face, as the car pulls steadily till around 4,500rpm. It takes some getting used to, but if you like a bit of enthusiastic driving, you'll enjoy it. Thankfully, there's no torque steer at all, and the sharp, precise five-speed gearbox is a pleasure to use. The car does get up to triple digit speeds quickly, and you won't really miss the 1.6-litre engine.
Changes to the new Maruti Suzuki S-Cross facelift includes a busier looking front with aggressive bits. This can be seen with the new headlights and the larger chrome treated grille. Even the bumper has more contours, giving a stronger profile. The side and the rear do look reminiscent of what we have seen in the existing S-Cross. Inside, the cabin has got premium additions in the form of new trims and an updated layout. Similar to the new age Maruti Suzuki cars, the 2017 S-Cross facelift too will come equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options.
Starts Rs 8.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased