2017 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross reaches 11,000 bookings since launch
Maruti Suzuki seems to be looking at another winner with its 2017 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross which has already received over 11,000 bookings since in India its launch last month. The 2017 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross compact SUV was launched in the country on October 3, 2017 at a price of Rs 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base Sigma variant. Bookings for the Maruti S-Cross facelift had begun at the 280+ Nexa dealerships for a booking amount of Rs 11,000. The new Maruti Suzuki S-Cross facelift is available with the 90PS 1.3-litre diesel engine coupled with a Smart Hybrid Vehicle System that's already in use on the Maruti Ciaz and Ertiga. Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the 1.6-litre Multijet diesel engine as buyers were not really keen on paying extra for that particular option. MSIL was hoping for a turnaround for this model with the 2017 facelift's launch and it appears to have achieved this goal.
There will also be no petrol engine available with the Maruti S-Cross facelift. We have driven the 2017 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross facelift and believe that the engine still has that familiarly noisy character, with turbo-lag till around 1,800rpm, after which 200Nm of torque is simply shoved in your face, as the car pulls steadily till around 4,500rpm. It takes some getting used to, but if you like a bit of enthusiastic driving, you'll enjoy it. Thankfully, there's no torque steer at all, and the sharp, precise five-speed gearbox is a pleasure to use. The car does get up to triple digit speeds quickly, and you won't really miss the 1.6-litre engine.
Changes to the new Maruti Suzuki S-Cross facelift includes a busier looking front with aggressive bits. This can be seen with the new headlights and the larger chrome treated grille. Even the bumper has more contours, giving a stronger profile. The side and the rear do look reminiscent of what we have seen in the existing S-Cross. Inside, the cabin has got premium additions in the form of new trims and an updated layout. Similar to the new age Maruti Suzuki cars, the 2017 S-Cross facelift too will come equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options.
Starts Rs 8.85 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch