2017 Mercedes-AMG CLA45 and GLA45 launched in India at Rs 75.2 lakh and Rs 77.85 lakh respectively
Mercedes-AMG has launched the updated the CLA45 sedan and the GLA45 SUV in India. Ex-showroom prices of the CLA45 start at Rs 75.20 lakh while that of GLA45, it is Rs 77.85 lakh (both prices ex-showroom, pan-India). Since this is a facelift, both the offerings retain the mechanicals without any change in the tuning. Tweaked design and additional features is what the new iterations get over the previous models. Mercedes-AMG will also offer AERO Edition of the two models, with the CLA45 AERO priced at Rs 77.69 lakh, and the GLA45 AERO priced at Rs 80.6 lakh (both prices ex-showroom, pan-India).
Design and features
To make it look even sportier than before, Mercedes-AMG has given the new CLA45 a redesigned front bumper with a larger central air dam and bigger air intakes. Furthermore, the wheels sport a blackened finish. The facelifted GLA45 gets a boot mounted spoiler with yellow highlights. The contrast colour combination looks rather interesting on the GLA45. Both cars get LED illuminations. Inside, These cars get updated seat inserts and also new cabin accents, that scream of performance. It also gets an 8.0-inch Comand infotainment system with navigation, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto connectivity options. Additionally, both cars get a 360-degree camera.
The powertrain that is shared by both the cars is a 1,991cc, four-cylinder, turbo-petrol that makes 381PS and 475Nm. This makes it the world's most powerful series-production four-cylinder engine that does a 0 to 100 kmph in just 4.2 seconds, claims Mercedes-AMG. This motor comes mated with a 7-speed automatic transmission sending power to all four wheels with the help of 4Matic transmission.
Today's event also saw Mercedes Benz showcase Aero Edition models under its designo customisation program. This lets owners individually select different options in their cars. However, there will be an additional premium involved for the same.
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch