2017 Mercedes-AMG CLA45 and GLA45 launched in India at Rs 75.2 lakh and Rs 77.85 lakh respectively
Mercedes-AMG has launched the updated the CLA45 sedan and the GLA45 SUV in India. Ex-showroom prices of the CLA45 start at Rs 75.20 lakh while that of GLA45, it is Rs 77.85 lakh (both prices ex-showroom, pan-India). Since this is a facelift, both the offerings retain the mechanicals without any change in the tuning. Tweaked design and additional features is what the new iterations get over the previous models. Mercedes-AMG will also offer AERO Edition of the two models, with the CLA45 AERO priced at Rs 77.69 lakh, and the GLA45 AERO priced at Rs 80.6 lakh (both prices ex-showroom, pan-India).
Design and features
To make it look even sportier than before, Mercedes-AMG has given the new CLA45 a redesigned front bumper with a larger central air dam and bigger air intakes. Furthermore, the wheels sport a blackened finish. The facelifted GLA45 gets a boot mounted spoiler with yellow highlights. The contrast colour combination looks rather interesting on the GLA45. Both cars get LED illuminations. Inside, These cars get updated seat inserts and also new cabin accents, that scream of performance. It also gets an 8.0-inch Comand infotainment system with navigation, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto connectivity options. Additionally, both cars get a 360-degree camera.
The powertrain that is shared by both the cars is a 1,991cc, four-cylinder, turbo-petrol that makes 381PS and 475Nm. This makes it the world's most powerful series-production four-cylinder engine that does a 0 to 100 kmph in just 4.2 seconds, claims Mercedes-AMG. This motor comes mated with a 7-speed automatic transmission sending power to all four wheels with the help of 4Matic transmission.
Today's event also saw Mercedes Benz showcase Aero Edition models under its designo customisation program. This lets owners individually select different options in their cars. However, there will be an additional premium involved for the same.
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2018: Toyota finally win at the Circuit de la Sarthe
- FeaturesHappy Father's Day: Thank you for introducing me to the world of motorcycles
- FeaturesHappy Father's Day: My royal Enfield Bullet 350 is the essence of everything I remember my Dad for
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2018: Kazuki Nakajima puts No.8 Toyota on pole
- NewsVolvo announces Polestar developed S60 T8 Twin Engine
- OpinionThe wet lap
- NewsMaruti Suzuki ends production of the Ignis diesel variant
- News2019 KTM 390 Adventure: Four ADV motorcycles it will compete with in India
- NewsKTM India confirms 390 Adventure days before BMW G 310 GS launch. What does it mean?