2017 Mercedes-Benz E220d LWB launched in India at Rs 57.14 lakh
Mercedes-Benz India has launched the much-awaited the 2017 E220d LWB in India at Rs 57.14 lakh (ex-Pune). This model joins the 2-litre petrol and 3-litre V6 diesel variants of the 2017 E-Class range in India. The E220d is powered by a 1,950cc diesel motor that produces 194PS at 3,800rpm and 400Nm between 1,600-2,800rpm. The engine is mated to a 9-speed transmission. E220d will slot in between the petrol and V6 diesel variants.
The all-aluminium diesel motor in the E220d weighs 168kg, 31kg lighter than the previous diesel engine. It is also Mercedes-Benz's first sub 2-litre engine that's made in India, for India.
Despite being a mid-spec E-Class, the car will share features such as the 34-degree recline seats, sunroof and other creature comforts that are available in the other E-Class variants.
The introduction of the E220d makes the E-Class a lot more accessible for customers who wanted a quick yet efficient diesel-powered luxury sedan, when compared to the V6 diesel E-Class.
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 46.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.47 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip