2017 Merzouga Rally: Abdul Wahid Tanveer is newest member of Sherco-TVS team
The Sherco-TVS Factory rally team has announced its rider line-up for the 2017 Merzouga Rally. The newest member of the team is Abdul Wahid Tanveer who, after winning the Dakar Challenge prize at the India Baja 2017, gets free entry into this year's Merzouga Rally and the 2018 Dakar Rally. The other riders for Sherco-TVS are Aravind KP, Adrien Metge and Juan Pedrero Garcia all of whom competed in last year's Dakar rally. The riders will compete on 135kg Dakar-spec Sherco-TVS factory bikes producing 65PS of power.
(Clockwise) Juan Pedrero Garcia, Adrien Metge, Abdul Wahid Tanveer and Aravind KP
The Merzouga Rally, which is also a Dakar Challenge event, is a six-day rally. This is the eighth edition of the rally, and it will be held from May 7-12. The rally is a great way to prepare participants for the difficult conditions and the level of competition that they'd face at the Dakar Rally.
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled