2017 Nexa P1 Powerboat championship: Sam and Daisy Coleman of Baleno RS Boosterjets take pole
Gaurav Gill on stage at the Nexa P1 Powerboat Indian Grand Prix of the Seas
The 2017 Nexa P1 Powerboat Indian Grand Prix of the Seas began today at Mumbai's Marine Drive with the qualifying rounds.
Each boat got two laps to set the quickest time possible, and the fastest team will take pole position in Race 1 on Saturday.
That team is Sam Coleman and Daisy Coleman from the Baleno RS Boosterjets with a best time of 2m25.73s. Missing pole by just 100th of a second are James Norvill and Christian Parsons-Young from team Money on Mobile Marlins. John Donnelly and Kevin Burdock of team Mirchi Mavericks have taken P3 with 2m26.63s.
Indian competitors Gaurav Gill and CS Santosh will start seventh and ninth from the grid, respectively. Santosh's quickest time around the 5.2km course was 2m31.54s, while Gill managed 2m30.6s.
Day 2 feature two races, one based on the qualifying results and the other on a reverse grid based on the results of Race 1.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show