2017 Nexa P1 Powerboat championship: Sam and Daisy Coleman of Baleno RS Boosterjets take pole
Gaurav Gill on stage at the Nexa P1 Powerboat Indian Grand Prix of the Seas
The 2017 Nexa P1 Powerboat Indian Grand Prix of the Seas began today at Mumbai's Marine Drive with the qualifying rounds.
Each boat got two laps to set the quickest time possible, and the fastest team will take pole position in Race 1 on Saturday.
That team is Sam Coleman and Daisy Coleman from the Baleno RS Boosterjets with a best time of 2m25.73s. Missing pole by just 100th of a second are James Norvill and Christian Parsons-Young from team Money on Mobile Marlins. John Donnelly and Kevin Burdock of team Mirchi Mavericks have taken P3 with 2m26.63s.
Indian competitors Gaurav Gill and CS Santosh will start seventh and ninth from the grid, respectively. Santosh's quickest time around the 5.2km course was 2m31.54s, while Gill managed 2m30.6s.
Day 2 feature two races, one based on the qualifying results and the other on a reverse grid based on the results of Race 1.
- NewsKawasaki's supercharged 'Z' series motorcycle teased - likely to be supercharged Z1000
- Review2019 Renault Triber first drive review
- NewsTata Motors partners with what3words for simplified last-mile navigation on its vehicles
- NewsBajaj Dominar 400 price hiked by Rs 10,000 - now retails at Rs 1.90 lakh
- FeaturesInterview: CS Santosh on training for the 2020 Dakar and his new app for motorcycle riders