2017 OiLibya Rally of Morocco: Hero MotoSports rider JRod ranked sixth after Stage 3
The second stage of the OiLibya Rally of Morocco was riddled with issues, including flooded riverbeds, that meant there were various things that difficulties that the organisers had to contend with even before the start of the third stage of the rally. This meant that the previous plans for the stage were scrapped, and what was meant to be a two-part special stage was then modified.
The conditions between Erfoud and Erg Lihoudi were not idea, and the organisers scrapped the first part of the stage. Riders began the modified version of the stage at noon, and contested a distance of 142km.
Going into the third stage of the rally, Hero MotoSports' Team Rally rider Joaquim 'JRod' Rodrigues was ranked seventh, while CS Santosh was ranked 15th, which is where they began the third stage.
At the end of the third stage, that comprised various types of terrain and sand dunes, both riders improved their positions. JRod ended the stage in 9th place, moving up to 6th overall in the rally. CS Santosh ended the stage 15th, and moved to 14th in the motorcycle category.
This marks the end of the first part of the two-day marathon stage. The final two days of the rally will see riders heading back to Erfoud.
Provisional Results for Stage 3 - Erfoud - Erg Lihoudi (08/10/17)
1. Ricky Brabec, USA, Honda 1:30:15 Std
2. Matthias Walkner, AUT, KTM +0:10 min
3. Pablo Quintanilla, CHI, Husqvarna +0:42
4. Adrien van Beveren, FRA, Yamaha +2:40
5. Kevin Benavides, ARG, Honda +2:57
9. Joaquim Rodrigues, POR, Hero +7:54
15. CS Santosh, IND, Hero +14:34
Overall provisional standings after Stage 3 of 5
1. Matthias Walkner, AUT, KTM, 6:12:21 hrs
2. Kevin Benavides, ARG, Hondam +9:44 min
3. Ricky Brabec, USA, Honda, +10:57
4. Juan Pedrero, ESP, Sherco +15:17
5. Antoine Meo, FRA, KTM +16:58
6. Joaquim Rodrigues, POR, Hero, +26:45
14. CS Santosh, IND, Hero, +51:51
- Features2018 Tata Nexon XZ+ longterm review: Introduction
- FeaturesSuzuki Jimny: Here's how the compact SUV has evolved since 1970
- NewsBentley to attempt new Pikes Peak record with Bentayga SUV
- FeaturesFive things you need to know about the new Ducati Multistrada 1260
- News2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 launched in India at Rs 15.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Ducati Multistrada 1260 launch in India
- NewsSuzuki Jimny revealed officially in European spec
- NewsJeep Compass Bedrock edition launched in India at Rs 17.53 lakh
- NewsMercedes-Benz to only launch BS-VI compliant diesel cars from now on in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India