2017 Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta revealed, could be last Zonda ever
Boutique hypercar maker Pagani showed off one of its rarest cars to be ever made, the 2017 Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta during the Monterey Car Week at Pebble Beach, California last weekend. The Barchetta was designed to celebrate the 60th birthday of the brand's creator Horacio Pagani by him and his team. The HP Barchetta is based on the popular mid-engined Pagani Zonda hypercar that was first created 18 years ago, and the HP Barchetta on display here is one of only three to ever be built.
Even bigger news is that this once-poster-car for many youngsters who grew up in the late 1990s may cease to be produced after these three Barchettas are made and delivered. Pagani had replaced the Zonda with the Huayra in 2011, and even the latter had already ended its limited 100-car production run by 2015. The Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta is created by the Uno-di-Uno (one of one) division, a team of specialists that create one-off and extremely rare customised cars that exceed even the Zonda's and Huayra's already high-quality standards. It reflects the Zonda that Horacio wanted for himself.
The roofless design is absolutely bonkers as it has no option for an attachable or convertible soft or hard-top. Among the noteworthy design elements is a cropped windshield, carbon-titanium composite components from the Huayra and contrasting wheels wherein those on the left side are silver, while those on the right are blue. The rear wheels also get small fairings that cover a third of the wheel well.
Seats in the Barchetta's cabin feature ivory leather with tartan elements and blue leather highlights. The steering wheel is also trimmed in blue leather and wood as an homage to vintage racing cars. The Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta is powered by a 7.3-litre Mercedes-AMG M120 V12 engine, mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa