2017 Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta revealed, could be last Zonda ever
Boutique hypercar maker Pagani showed off one of its rarest cars to be ever made, the 2017 Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta during the Monterey Car Week at Pebble Beach, California last weekend. The Barchetta was designed to celebrate the 60th birthday of the brand's creator Horacio Pagani by him and his team. The HP Barchetta is based on the popular mid-engined Pagani Zonda hypercar that was first created 18 years ago, and the HP Barchetta on display here is one of only three to ever be built.
Even bigger news is that this once-poster-car for many youngsters who grew up in the late 1990s may cease to be produced after these three Barchettas are made and delivered. Pagani had replaced the Zonda with the Huayra in 2011, and even the latter had already ended its limited 100-car production run by 2015. The Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta is created by the Uno-di-Uno (one of one) division, a team of specialists that create one-off and extremely rare customised cars that exceed even the Zonda's and Huayra's already high-quality standards. It reflects the Zonda that Horacio wanted for himself.
The roofless design is absolutely bonkers as it has no option for an attachable or convertible soft or hard-top. Among the noteworthy design elements is a cropped windshield, carbon-titanium composite components from the Huayra and contrasting wheels wherein those on the left side are silver, while those on the right are blue. The rear wheels also get small fairings that cover a third of the wheel well.
Seats in the Barchetta's cabin feature ivory leather with tartan elements and blue leather highlights. The steering wheel is also trimmed in blue leather and wood as an homage to vintage racing cars. The Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta is powered by a 7.3-litre Mercedes-AMG M120 V12 engine, mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden