2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo is fastest luxury sedan around Green Hell
After many spy-shots and speculations, Porsche has finally revealed the second-generation Panamera. Apart from looking better than its predecessor, the all-new Panamera Turbo is also blisteringly quick, as demonstrated by a blisteringly quick 7:38 lap time around the Nurburgring Nordschleife.
Powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 producing 550PS and a whopping 770Nm of torque, the 2017 Panamera Turbo can accelerate from 0-100kmph in 3.6 seconds when equipped with the Sport Chrono Package. Power is sent to all four wheels via Porsche's 7-speed PDK transmission with the speedometer capping out at 306kmph. Aiding the Panamera Turbo put all that power down efficiently while cornering is an adaptive air suspension governed by multiple electronic systems.
While a Nordschleife lap time of 7:38 is mind-bogglingly quick in its own right, it's even more unbelievable when one takes into the consideration the cars it beat in the process. Lamborghini Murcielago SV, Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Porsche 911 GT3, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio the list goes on. And these cars are all hardcore track-oriented versions of already fast cars, some supercars even! For a four-door sedan to beat all of the above cars, Porsche has really hit the nail on the head with the second-generation Panamera. Take a look at the snippet of the lap below.
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea