2017 Renault Duster CVT petrol launched in India at Rs 10.32 lakh
The Renault Duster was the one to start the trend of compact SUVs in India. The company has now launched an updated version of the Duster in the country. Firstly, there is a new petrol motor that makes more power and also claims to deliver a higher fuel efficiency. Additionally, the petrol motor is now paired with a CVT unit. This particular variant is priced at Rs 10.32 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Previously, the Renault Duster was powered by a 1,598cc petrol motor that made 104PS at 5,750rpm and generated 148Nm at 3,750rpm. For the 2017 model, Renault is offering an all-new 1.5-litre motor that is not shared with any of the Renault-Nissan model range in the country. The new 1,498cc petrol engine produces 106PS at 5,600rpm. While the power output has gone up at a reduced engine speed, the torque has been brought down at 142Nm at 4,000rpm. The claimed fuel efficiency has gone up from 13.06kmpl to 14.19kmpl. This motor comes with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard. Additionally, it can now be availed with an X-tronic CVT unit that also does duty on the Renault Scala. Renault states that the CVT trim delivers a claimed efficiency of 14.99kmpl.
We have learnt that Renault has discontinued the 110PS RxL trim. The prices for the petrol variants of the Renault Duster now start at Rs 8.49 lakh for the RxE variant and go up to Rs 10.32 lakh for the X-tronic RxS variant. The diesel trims of the 2017 Duster are priced between Rs 9.45-13.83 lakh, whereas the AMT version is priced at Rs 13.13 lakh.
Renault dealers across the country have already started accepting bookings for Rs 25,000 while deliveries will start within 10-15 days once the complete payment is fulfilled. The Renault Duster competes with the likes of the Hyundai Creta (Rs 9.28-14.56 lakh) and the Honda BR-V (Rs 9.12-12.43 lakh).
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
- News2019 Ducati Diavel 1260 S: All you need to know
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip