2017 Renault Duster CVT petrol launched in India at Rs 10.32 lakh
The Renault Duster was the one to start the trend of compact SUVs in India. The company has now launched an updated version of the Duster in the country. Firstly, there is a new petrol motor that makes more power and also claims to deliver a higher fuel efficiency. Additionally, the petrol motor is now paired with a CVT unit. This particular variant is priced at Rs 10.32 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Previously, the Renault Duster was powered by a 1,598cc petrol motor that made 104PS at 5,750rpm and generated 148Nm at 3,750rpm. For the 2017 model, Renault is offering an all-new 1.5-litre motor that is not shared with any of the Renault-Nissan model range in the country. The new 1,498cc petrol engine produces 106PS at 5,600rpm. While the power output has gone up at a reduced engine speed, the torque has been brought down at 142Nm at 4,000rpm. The claimed fuel efficiency has gone up from 13.06kmpl to 14.19kmpl. This motor comes with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard. Additionally, it can now be availed with an X-tronic CVT unit that also does duty on the Renault Scala. Renault states that the CVT trim delivers a claimed efficiency of 14.99kmpl.
We have learnt that Renault has discontinued the 110PS RxL trim. The prices for the petrol variants of the Renault Duster now start at Rs 8.49 lakh for the RxE variant and go up to Rs 10.32 lakh for the X-tronic RxS variant. The diesel trims of the 2017 Duster are priced between Rs 9.45-13.83 lakh, whereas the AMT version is priced at Rs 13.13 lakh.
Renault dealers across the country have already started accepting bookings for Rs 25,000 while deliveries will start within 10-15 days once the complete payment is fulfilled. The Renault Duster competes with the likes of the Hyundai Creta (Rs 9.28-14.56 lakh) and the Honda BR-V (Rs 9.12-12.43 lakh).
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far