2017 Royal Enfield customs: Custom Classic 500 by Bombay Custom Works
Royal Enfield is one of the few motorcycle manufacturers who have promoted the custom biking culture in India. The cult two-wheeler brand decided to take the offbeat track to showcase its new apparel and accessory collection. Royal Enfield associated with four leading Indian custom motorcycle companies to come up with four unique offerings to highlight its new range of accessories. We got in touch with Shail Sheth from Bombay Custom Works to know more on the exact theme and idea that he chose to design the custom Classic 500, one of the four custom motorcycles commissioned by Royal Enfield.
The theme behind the concept was to accessorise the build with leather brass and material finishes, picking up design and accessory cues from post-war looks. "Think bomber jackets, leather satchel bags, and ornamental finishes," states Shail Seth.
One can relate to this theme when one sees the design of this custom Classic 500. Similar to other designers as well as the design brief given to the builders, Bombay Custom Works also kept the fuel tank in its stock shape and form as it helps retain the brand identity. However, the fender gets classic detailing with pin stripes. Even the spokes of the wheels have been blackened instead of the lustrous steel finish of the stock.
The front and rear fenders have been altered while the headlight has been given a new grill. The custom Classic 500 gets a new handlebar with leather grip and brass bar-end weights with custom engraving. It also sports custom leather saddlebags and old-school seat design. There is also a leather strap on the tank to hold a multi-tool and a custom footpeg. Shail explains, "We built the motorcycle in a way that a common man can change and add these as accessories on their motorcycles considering the feasibility factor for an everyday use bike."
If you like the design of this custom Classic 500, guys at Bombay Custom Works can make something similar for you, confirmed the custom motorcycle manufacturer. BCW has also worked on the Yezdi that is calls Zoravar and another design based on RE called the Banshee. You can follow their work and reach out to them here.
Starts Rs 1,58,274
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018