2017 Skoda Kodiaq launched in India at Rs 34.49 lakh
Skoda has launched the Kodiaq SUV in India at Rs 34.49 lakh, ex-showroom. The Kodiaq is Skoda's first seven-seater SUV and is based on the familiar MQB platform that also underpins the Audi Q7 as well as the Porsche Cayenne. Skoda India has launched the Kodiaq in a single trim and deliveries start in the first week of November. Skoda is positioning the Kodiaq as a premium offering and it will compete with the Volkswagen Tiguan as well as the Hyundai Tucson. SUVs like the Ford Endeavour as well as the Toyota Fortuner too will be competition for the Skoda Kodiaq. The Skoda Kodiaq SUV looks a bit like the old Audi Q7 but that isn't taking the fact away that it looks fresh and handsome. The Skoda Kodiaq runs a 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 150PS/340Nm, paired to a 7-speed DSG. Skoda also offers an all-wheel drive Haldex system with the new Kodiaq. The Skoda Kodiaq also gets Eco, Sport, Individual and Snow modes apart from Normal and Eco which alter the steering, engine and air-conditioning response depending on the mode selected.
The Skoda Kodiaq, as we found in our first drive review, should make for good highway cruising. The suspension lets you know what's underneath at slow speeds but soaks up undulations and bumps very well as speeds increase. The firmness also ensures vertical and lateral movement and body roll are controlled, while making for a confident feel in terms of handling. The steering of the Skoda Kodiaq too is well weighted. This should help it find favour with those looking for a spacious SUV that's nice to drive and comfortable enough to be driven around in too.
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.1 Crore
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.49 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300