2017 Skoda Kodiaq SUV bookings start in India for Rs 3 lakh, deliveries in November
We are just minutes away from the launch of the all-new Skoda Kodiaq in India. The Skoda Kodiaq targets the customers looking for a premium SUV in the range of Hyundai Tucson and the Volkswagen Tiguan. Skoda dealerships all across the country have already initiated the bookings for the Kodiaq SUV in India. The booking amount for the same is Rs 5 lakh in Mumbai, confirmed one of the dealerships to OVERDRIVE. While the Delhi dealership is taking a token amount of Rs 3 lakh. Both the dealerships stated that the deliveries of the 2017 Skoda Kodiaq should begin in November. However, we await an official confirmation of the same from Skoda India.
The new Skoda Kodiaq is based on the Vision S Concept that was showcased in 2016 at the Geneva Motor Show. The production model that'll go on sale, closely resembles the concept that was shown. The lines are sharp and the SUV does look quite handsome. The big grille, flanked by sleek headlamps gives it a lot of presence. The tail section also seems to take inspiration from the current crop of Skodas. The dazzling LED tail lamps, that are said to be inspired by traditional Czech crystal glass art, is one of standout features of the SUV.
Besides sharing the same platform, the Skoda Kodiaq and the Volkswagen Tiguan also share the same, 2-litre diesel engine. The Kodiaq's motor, however, is in a slightly different state of tune and makes a little more power. The Kodiaq's engine produces 150PS and 340Nm whereas, the Tiguan's motor produces 143PS and an identical 340 Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a 7-speed DSG gearbox.
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.49 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India