2017 Skoda Octavia facelift launched in India at Rs 15.49 lakh
Skoda India has launched the updated Octavia at a starting price of Rs 15.49 lakh. The top-end diesel is priced at Rs 22.89 lakh, ex-showroom pan India. While the starting price is approximately Rs 7,000 less than the outgoing car, the higher-spec models are priced a tad higher. There are three engine and transmission options as well as eight trims to choose from - Ambition, Style and Style Plus.
To start off with, the new 2017 Skoda Octavia gets all-LED lights with a separate pod for the low and high beam. These are adaptive lights and adjust the brightness depending on the area that needs better illumination. The lower bumper too has a chrome strip running across it. A quick look at the hood says that there are certain creases that weren't there before. The alloy-wheel pattern too is new and so is the design of the tail lamps. Overall, all these changes have made the car look smarter than before.
Skoda designers have also updated the interior of the car. There is a new Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink-enabled touchscreen infotainment system, and below it are the new aircon controls. Rear seat passengers too can control the music and air conditioning via an app. Skoda has added a few embellishments in the cabin that make the Octavia seem plusher than before. The boot space is a massive 590 litres.
Skoda engineers have not tinkered much with the tried-and-trusted crew of engines - 1.4 TSI, 1.8 TSI and the 2.0 TDI. However, the emissions per kilogram have gone down by a bit. All the engines here are turbo powered. The 1.4-litre petrol makes 140PS/250Nm and can be optioned with a 6-speed manual. The bigger 1.8 petrol too makes the same amount of torque but a higher 180PS of power. You can order this engine trim with a 7-speed DSG box. The 2.0-litre diesel can be ordered with a 6-speed DSG and manual box.
Skoda has increased the track of the car and hence the width too has gone up. For the 1.8-litre petrol, there is an increase of 30mm while the diesel sees an increment by 20mm.
On the safety front, there is hands-free parallel parking available on the new Octavia, eight airbags on the top trims and four on the base, hill hold function for the automatics and multi-collision braking avoidance.
If you would like to know more about the 2017 Skoda Octavia and its performance, watch our video review below:
Also from OVERDRIVE on the 2017 Skoda Octavia:
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.27 Lakhs
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh