2017 Skoda Octavia to be launched in India on July 13, 2017
Skoda India will launch the facelifted Octavia sedan on July 13, 2017. The car was unveiled globally late last year and can now be booked in India as well. The third-gen Octavia was introduced in India in 2013 and has been doing decent sales in a struggling segment. Skoda India aims to boost sales with the introduction of the facelifted Octavia.
The changes outside are minimal - the dual split LED headlights, the redesigned bumpers, new alloy wheels and revisions to the LED tail lamps. On the inside, the new Octavia gets two-tone upholstery, brushed aluminium-effect plastic door pads, bigger touchscreen system with connectivity to Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Mirror Link. These touches have made the cabin seem more premium than before. As far as engines are concerned, the Octavia continues with the same 150PS/250Nm 1.4-litre turbopetrol, 180PS/250Nm 1.8-litre turbopetrol and a 143PS/320Nm 2.0-litre diesel. While the bigger petrol and diesel can be optioned with an automatic or manual transmission, the 1.4-litre can only be ordered with a 6-speed manual. Skoda India claims to have reduced the emissions of all three engines by around one gram per kilometre.
The new Octavia is expected to be priced around Rs 20-30,000 more than before. More details on the trims and specific prices will be available on July 13. Stay tuned!
Starts Rs 15.87 Lakhs
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India