2017 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo launched in India at Rs 10.75 lakh
Skoda Auto India on Monday launched the 2017 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo edition. This special edition is the Czech carmaker's way of paying homage to its 116-year motorsport history. The Rapid Monte Carlo, named after a shock win by its works team at the Rally of Monte Carlo in 1977 -- a milestone in its racing history, is available in petrol and diesel engine variants, with the 1.6-litre petrol manual transmission variant priced at Rs 10.75 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India), Rs 51,000 higher than the Style variant with the same engine. The Monte Carlo edition features aesthetic updates to the exterior and interior as well as a smart infotainment system but has no mechanical changes from the stock Skoda Rapid currently available in India.
Major highlights of the Monte Carlo edition include sportier exterior trim, with blacked-out details. These include a black front grille, 16-inch dual tone alloy wheels, black roof, black tailgate spoiler and a black grained diffuser. The car is available in two colour options, Flash Red, and Candy White. Skoda Auto India states that the interiors in this edition of the Rapid are also inspired by its rally racing heritage. These include a new flat bottom steering wheel, red and black leatherette Monte Carlo trademark seats, black interior decor, ribbed stainless steel pedals and an all-black dashboard.
The 2017 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo also gets a new 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system named 'Drive', which features SmartLink and Mirrorlink with Apple Carplay and Android Auto integration. The Monte Carlo is the only variant to sport this feature in the mid-sized sedan segment, where it competes with its group sibling Volkswagen Vento, Honda City, and Renault Scala. The Monte Carlo is available with either a five-speed manual or six-speed tiptronic automatic transmission for the petrol and manual or seven-speed DSG automatic transmission for the diesel engine variant. The automatic petrol variant is priced at Rs 11.97 lakh, while the diesel options will cost Rs 12.46 lakh and Rs 13.57 lakh (all prices ex-showroom, pan-India) for the manual and DSG, respectively.
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
- NewsForce Gurkha Xtreme brochure leaked, technical specifications revealed
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak