2017 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo launched in India at Rs 10.75 lakh
Skoda Auto India on Monday launched the 2017 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo edition. This special edition is the Czech carmaker's way of paying homage to its 116-year motorsport history. The Rapid Monte Carlo, named after a shock win by its works team at the Rally of Monte Carlo in 1977 -- a milestone in its racing history, is available in petrol and diesel engine variants, with the 1.6-litre petrol manual transmission variant priced at Rs 10.75 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India), Rs 51,000 higher than the Style variant with the same engine. The Monte Carlo edition features aesthetic updates to the exterior and interior as well as a smart infotainment system but has no mechanical changes from the stock Skoda Rapid currently available in India.
Major highlights of the Monte Carlo edition include sportier exterior trim, with blacked-out details. These include a black front grille, 16-inch dual tone alloy wheels, black roof, black tailgate spoiler and a black grained diffuser. The car is available in two colour options, Flash Red, and Candy White. Skoda Auto India states that the interiors in this edition of the Rapid are also inspired by its rally racing heritage. These include a new flat bottom steering wheel, red and black leatherette Monte Carlo trademark seats, black interior decor, ribbed stainless steel pedals and an all-black dashboard.
The 2017 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo also gets a new 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system named 'Drive', which features SmartLink and Mirrorlink with Apple Carplay and Android Auto integration. The Monte Carlo is the only variant to sport this feature in the mid-sized sedan segment, where it competes with its group sibling Volkswagen Vento, Honda City, and Renault Scala. The Monte Carlo is available with either a five-speed manual or six-speed tiptronic automatic transmission for the petrol and manual or seven-speed DSG automatic transmission for the diesel engine variant. The automatic petrol variant is priced at Rs 11.97 lakh, while the diesel options will cost Rs 12.46 lakh and Rs 13.57 lakh (all prices ex-showroom, pan-India) for the manual and DSG, respectively.
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP