2017 Suzuki Gixxer Cup: Lalhruaizela wins 2017 Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
As a part of the Round 3 of the JK Tyre National Racing Championship, Suzuki held the final round of the Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup and the third round of the Gixxer Cup. The final race of the Rookie Cup saw Sri Lanka's Jaden Gunawardena take first place ahead of India's Lalhruaizela and Lalnunsanga. However since the winner of the championship must be Indian, it's Lalhruaizela, who finished second today, that will represent India at the shootout for the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup 2017 in Spain. He scored 10 points today, giving him a 12-point lead in the championship over rival Lalnunsanga, who finished third.
Lalhruaizela from Mizoram won the Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup today after finishing second
For the first Gixxer Cup Race this round, championship leader, Joseph Mathew, qualified on pole ahead of Syed Muzammil Ali and Lalmawipuia. After a very close fight, Mathew took the win finishing just 0.006sec ahead of Malsawmdawngliana. Finishing in third place was Lalmawipuia.
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh
- News2018 BMW G 310 GS and G 310 R reach dealerships ahead of India launch
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 smart watch
- NewsVolkswagen asked reasons for not recalling diesel cars affected in the emissions scandal by NGT
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US