2017 Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing: David Vrsecky clinches title after double win
The 2017 edition of the Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship concluded today at the BIC after four races. David Vrsecky of Team Dealer Daredevils won the overall championship after winning both races today. Norbert Kiss and Gerhard Korber of Teams Tata Technologies and Dealer Warriors took second and third.
Race 1 of the Pro Class, which was the qualifier for the championship-deciding race, started of with some very close competition, which eventually led to Ryan Smith being trapped in the gravel trap after C3. In Lap 4, the same thing happened to Norbert Kiss at the very same spot. The race was then red flagged due to safety concerns after Lap 6, giving Vrsecky the win. Gerhard Korber took second place while defending champion, David Jenkins, took third place. Vrsecky managed to accomplish the same feat in the final race which ran for 15 laps. Norbert Kiss took second place while Korber took third.
Winning the Super class race with a significant lead was Pitambar, while Shivnihal Singh and Gurujant Singh took second and third. Nagarjuna A won in the Champion class race followed by Malkeet Singh and Bhag Chand.
Tata's 1,000 PS T1 Prima Racetruck did a couple of hot laps too and managed to set a lap time of around 1min 35sec. In comparison, the fastest time managed by the 400PS T1 Prima Truck during the races was around 1min 47sec.
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh