2017 Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing: David Vrsecky clinches title after double win
The 2017 edition of the Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship concluded today at the BIC after four races. David Vrsecky of Team Dealer Daredevils won the overall championship after winning both races today. Norbert Kiss and Gerhard Korber of Teams Tata Technologies and Dealer Warriors took second and third.
Race 1 of the Pro Class, which was the qualifier for the championship-deciding race, started of with some very close competition, which eventually led to Ryan Smith being trapped in the gravel trap after C3. In Lap 4, the same thing happened to Norbert Kiss at the very same spot. The race was then red flagged due to safety concerns after Lap 6, giving Vrsecky the win. Gerhard Korber took second place while defending champion, David Jenkins, took third place. Vrsecky managed to accomplish the same feat in the final race which ran for 15 laps. Norbert Kiss took second place while Korber took third.
Winning the Super class race with a significant lead was Pitambar, while Shivnihal Singh and Gurujant Singh took second and third. Nagarjuna A won in the Champion class race followed by Malkeet Singh and Bhag Chand.
Tata's 1,000 PS T1 Prima Racetruck did a couple of hot laps too and managed to set a lap time of around 1min 35sec. In comparison, the fastest time managed by the 400PS T1 Prima Truck during the races was around 1min 47sec.
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3