2017 Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing: David Vrsecky clinches title after double win
The 2017 edition of the Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship concluded today at the BIC after four races. David Vrsecky of Team Dealer Daredevils won the overall championship after winning both races today. Norbert Kiss and Gerhard Korber of Teams Tata Technologies and Dealer Warriors took second and third.
Race 1 of the Pro Class, which was the qualifier for the championship-deciding race, started of with some very close competition, which eventually led to Ryan Smith being trapped in the gravel trap after C3. In Lap 4, the same thing happened to Norbert Kiss at the very same spot. The race was then red flagged due to safety concerns after Lap 6, giving Vrsecky the win. Gerhard Korber took second place while defending champion, David Jenkins, took third place. Vrsecky managed to accomplish the same feat in the final race which ran for 15 laps. Norbert Kiss took second place while Korber took third.
Winning the Super class race with a significant lead was Pitambar, while Shivnihal Singh and Gurujant Singh took second and third. Nagarjuna A won in the Champion class race followed by Malkeet Singh and Bhag Chand.
Tata's 1,000 PS T1 Prima Racetruck did a couple of hot laps too and managed to set a lap time of around 1min 35sec. In comparison, the fastest time managed by the 400PS T1 Prima Truck during the races was around 1min 47sec.
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar