Electric GT World Series to debut in 2017
Everything in the world seems to be moving toward a zero-emission policy, and rightly so. Motorsport is no exception. Formula E was the first all-electric championship when it was flagged off in 2014, and it seems to be gaining a fair amount of traction now. However, there's an all-new championship coming in 2017 from Electric GT Holdings the Electric GT World Series. The championship is hoping for a 10-team, seven-race season next year and will be held across Europe, America, and Asia.
For now, Electric GT Holdings has labelled the Tesla Model S P85+ as its vehicle of choice for the races. However, Agustin Paya, the technical director of Electric GT Holdings, stated that he was open to other manufacturers entering the series as well.
"We chose the Tesla Model S as it is a fantastic 100 per cent electric high performance vehicle in mass production for the world market. But we encourage and welcome every car maker to join the Electric GT World Series. It will be fantastic to see other electric supercar manufacturers join," he stated.
His plan for the first season is to race 20 identical cars from the 10 teams, which are similar to the road-legal version. These cars make 416PS of power and 601Nm, and have 0-100kmph time of 3.2 seconds. The race-spec vehicles will have improved suspension, brakes and cooling and will also weigh lesser. Paya mentioned that these cars are already being tested on the Barcelona Catalunya F1 Circuit and the Madrid Jarama circuit.
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018