2017 Toyota Corolla Altis facelift to be launched in India on March 15
Toyota India will be launching the 2017 Corolla Altis facelift on March 15, 2017. Though the Altis has been selling well, a sizeable chunk of its sales had been taken over by newer cars in the segment. The increase in competition as well as the need to stay ahead of the game would be addressed with the launch of the new Altis.
The 2017 Toyota Corolla Altis will feature redesigned bumpers, with the front end being characterised by the new chrome grille and the headlamp set-up. The higher-spec variants of the car will feature LED headlamps and DRLs. The extra chrome continues at the rear too, with a strip on the bootlid connecting the newly designed LED lamps. The new car might also get redesigned alloy wheels. The facelift retains the same profile as the outgoing model.
The interior too remains largely the same as the outgoing one, with the biggest difference being the addition of a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation as standard. The underpinnings of the new car too would remain the same, with the same powertrain options too.
The petrol-powered variants will continue to use the 4-cylinder, 1.8-litre engine with an output of 140PS and 173Nm while the diesel-powered variants will continue to use the 4-cylinder, 1.4-litre engine with an output of 88PS and 205Nm. Customers can choose between a 6-speed manual and a CVT gearbox with the petrol engine while the diesel engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard.
The Toyota Corolla Altis competes with cars like the Hyundai Elantra, Skoda Octavia and Chevrolet Cruze. Bookings are open at dealerships across the country, while some of them will be having the car for display on the date of launch.
Starts Rs 15.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.87 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India