2017 Toyota Corolla Altis facelift to be launched in India on March 15
Toyota India will be launching the 2017 Corolla Altis facelift on March 15, 2017. Though the Altis has been selling well, a sizeable chunk of its sales had been taken over by newer cars in the segment. The increase in competition as well as the need to stay ahead of the game would be addressed with the launch of the new Altis.
The 2017 Toyota Corolla Altis will feature redesigned bumpers, with the front end being characterised by the new chrome grille and the headlamp set-up. The higher-spec variants of the car will feature LED headlamps and DRLs. The extra chrome continues at the rear too, with a strip on the bootlid connecting the newly designed LED lamps. The new car might also get redesigned alloy wheels. The facelift retains the same profile as the outgoing model.
The interior too remains largely the same as the outgoing one, with the biggest difference being the addition of a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation as standard. The underpinnings of the new car too would remain the same, with the same powertrain options too.
The petrol-powered variants will continue to use the 4-cylinder, 1.8-litre engine with an output of 140PS and 173Nm while the diesel-powered variants will continue to use the 4-cylinder, 1.4-litre engine with an output of 88PS and 205Nm. Customers can choose between a 6-speed manual and a CVT gearbox with the petrol engine while the diesel engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard.
The Toyota Corolla Altis competes with cars like the Hyundai Elantra, Skoda Octavia and Chevrolet Cruze. Bookings are open at dealerships across the country, while some of them will be having the car for display on the date of launch.
Starts Rs 16.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch