2017 Toyota Corolla Altis to be launched in India in March
Toyota gave a major facelift to its Corolla sedan last year when it was unveiled in Taiwan. Since then, Indian consumers were waiting for their turn to experience the new Corolla in flesh. Now the wait is over. Our sources have confirmed that Toyota is planning to launch the new Corolla in India this March.
Though its basic profile remains same, the executive sedan carries forward its design inspiration from Toyota's latest design language. The refreshed Corolla comes with sharper looks, embedded with sleeker headlamps and a narrower grille. It may also feature bi-beam LED headlamps that are also seen on the Fortuner. The rear also gets minor tweaks with all-new LED lamps.
Inside, the dashboard gets revised layouts with soft-touch surfaces while the central console gets a larger infotainment touchscreen. The HVAC controls are also revamped with a new rotary design.
The new Corolla Altis is expected to come with the same set of engines the 1.8 VVT-I petrol and 1.4 D-4D diesel. The petrol motor produces 140PS and 173Nm of torque at 4,000rpm, whereas the diesel engine generates 88PS and 205Nm of torque between 1,800-2,800rpm. Both the engines are mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The petrol model, however, will get an option of a 7-speed automatic gearbox.
The updated Corolla will also come with new 16- and 17-inch alloy wheels as well as three extra colours options - platinum bronze, Tokyo red and earth bronze. Toyota is expected to marginally increase prices. The C+ segment that the Corolla competes hasn't seen much action except for the introduction of the all-new Hyundai Elantra. A refreshed version of Toyota's bestseller is expected to heat up the battle.
Starts Rs 15.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far