2017 Toyota Racing Series: Victory for Jehan Daruvala in New Zealand
2017 has gotten off to a good start for Jehan Daruvala. The Indian racer was fastest during all the free practice sessions, and bagged pole for races 1 and 3 at the opening round of the 2017 Toyota Racing Series at Ruapuna Park, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Jehan Daruvala successfully defended the Lady Wigram Trophy, bagging it for the second year in a row in 2017
On his way to pole position for Race 3, Jehan managed to break the circuit lap record, clocking a time of 1min 16.800sec.
While the first race got off to a good start for Jehan, a Safety Car situation meant that rival Marcus Armstrong was able to take advantage of the situation and move into the lead. The race ended with Armstrong first, Daruvala second and Richard Verschoor third.
Daruvala broke the circuit lap record during qualifying for Race 3 at Ruapuna Park
Things were tricky in Race 2, with the Indian driver suffering a DNF. However, he came back strong in Race 3, starting from pole and leading the race till the chequered flag fell. Finishing second behind Daruvala was Enaam Ahmed, while Pedro Piquet finished third.
Jehan stands third in the championship after Round 1, with 142 points, behind Verschoor on 181 points and Thomas Randle who has 178 points. However, Daruvala still managed to bag the Lady Wigram trophy for the second year in a row thanks to his double podium.
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630