2017 Toyota Yaris facelift revealed in Thailand
A facelifted version of the Toyota Yaris was recently revealed for Thailand market. The update is only cosmetic, which makes the look more like its sedan sister, the Toyota Yaris Ativ, which was launched just last month. At the front the Toyota Yaris gets a new bumper with a larger grille, as well as new headlights that flow into the 'V' portion of the upper grille. The top-spec variant also gets halogen projector headlights and LED DRLs. Updates to the side of the facelifted Yaris include a blacked-out C-Pillar for a floating-roof effect, and new wheels. At the back, the Toyota Yaris gets new wraparound taillights and an updated bumper and tailgate design.
The facelift gives the Toyota Yaris a face almost identical to its sister sedan's
At the rear, the new Toyota Yaris gets updated lights, a new bumper and a blacked-out C-pillar
The interior of the Toyota Yaris gets a full revamp too with a new dashboard layout which looks more premium and offers more features such as keyless entry and ignition, steering mounted controls and automatic climate control. Impressively, on the safety front, the new Yaris comes with seven airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC and traction control as standard features across the range.
The 2017 Toyota Yaris' interior is all-new and looks more premium than the model it replaces
The engine on the new Toyota Yaris also in the Yaris Ativ sedan, is the same as before. It's a Dual VVT-i, four-cylinder 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine which produces 86PS of power and 108Nm of torque. The only transmission on offer is a CVT (continuous variable transmission). Internationally, the Toyota Yaris is positioned higher than the Toyota Etios Liva hatchback, but it isn't likely to make it to India any time soon.
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.25 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea