2017 Triumph Street Scrambler may launch in India on Aug 24
British bike maker Triumph Motorcycles may launch another motorcycle to add to its modern classic range in India on August 24. While Triumph Motorcycles India has not announced the product to be launched, it has been reported that the motorcycle will be the 2017 Triumph Street Scrambler. It is expected to be priced between Rs 8-9 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Triumph motorcycles will be launching the motorcycle on August 24, according to a report. We have good reason to believe the motorcycle will be Street Scrambler. The Triumph Street Scrambler, as the name suggests, is a scrambler-style version of the Triumph Street Twin already on sale in India.
Among the key differentiating features of this new motorcycle will be a taller 19-inch front wheel, wire-spoke wheels, longer-travel rear suspension by Fox adjustable for preload and compression damping, high-set twin pipes culminating in a two-into-one Vance and Hines exhaust, and a pillion seat that can be interchanged with a luggage track, as well as Metzeler Tourance tyres that can serve on-road as well as off-road duties. The package is meant to be better equipped for handling off-road trails, but we will have a clearer idea when we get astride one.
The Street Scrambler is powered by the same engine as the Street Twin - a liquid-cooled 900cc parallel-twin motor that produces 55.7PS/80Nm. With 310mm front and 255mm rear brakes, which also feature ABS, the braking department is well taken care of. On launch, the Street Scrambler will compete with the recently launched Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled.
Starts Rs 8,60,000
Starts Rs 7,23,000
Team OD | 19 Oct 2018
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market
- NewsNew Tesla Model 3 mid-range variant launched at $45,000
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch
- News2020 Porsche Taycan EV to be priced between Panamera and Cayenne
- News2019 Honda CBR 150R details out, to rival the Yamaha R15 v3 in India?
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26