2017 Victory Octane launched in the US at $10,499
Victory has launched an all-new V-Twin muscle bike called the Octane in the United States which is priced at $10,499. It gets a completely new design, an all-new chassis and a new engine which has been developed from Victory's project 156 bike that competed at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
Victory says that the Octane is the most aggressive motorcycle that they have ever built and features harder lines, sharper creases and looks leaner and meaner than any American motorcycle. The chassis and the engine are blacked-out while the bodywork gets a matte super steel gray color.
The Victory Octane is powered by a 1197cc, liquid cooled 60 degree v-twin with dual overhead cams. It makes 104PS of power and 103Nm of torque. The company claims that the motorcycle can accelerate from standstill to 100kmph in around four seconds and complete a quarter mile run in 12 seconds. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission.
The 2017 Victory Octane comes equipped with a light and rigid cast aluminum frame with a sharp steering geometry which makes it possible to achieve 32 degrees of lean. It gets a 1578mm wheelbase, a 12.9litre fuel tank and a seat height of 658mm. It tips the weighing scales at 240kg.
At the front, it gets 41mm damper-tube forks with dual-rate springs and twin shocks with adjustable preload at the rear. The front suspension offers 4.7-inches of travel while the rear offers 3-inches of travel. It gets an 18-inch front wheel which sits on 130/70 section tyres while the 17-inch rear wheel gets wrapped in 160/70 section rubber. Both wheels are 10-spoke cast aluminum alloys.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani