2017 Volkswagen Passat launched in India at Rs 29.99 lakh
Volkswagen has just launched the all-new Passat in India at a starting price of Rs 29.99 lakh (ex-showroom India). The topped Highline trim will set you back by Rs 32.99 lakh.
The new Passat is the eighth generation of Volkswagen's premium sedan and is based on the MQB platform. The new Passat is the first sedan from the VW group to implement the new transverse matrix for engine, transmission and chassis configuration. The new Volkswagen Passat gets a new 2-litre TDI motor that develops 177PS and 350Nm of torque. The motor is mated to a 6-speed DSG transmission. We had driven the Volkswagen Passat back in 2015, in Italy and were pretty impressed with it. The new Passat was revealed globally in 2014.
2015 Volkswagen Passat
Desigwise the Passat looks sharp with Volkswagen showcasing an evolved design language. That said, the car is 2mm shorter than its predecessor, however, the wheelbase has gone up by 79mm. Volkswagen says that new Passat has more cabin and boot space than the previous generation car. Volkswagen has also managed to shave off 80kg when compared to the car it replaces.
The interiors have a typical German air with a neat and simple design and use of high-quality materials all around. The new Passat gets Nappa leather seats and a panoramic sunroof.
The new Passat comes equipped with Dynamic Chassis Control, Park Assist, reverse camera with a 360degree view, Hill start assist, Auto Hold, Tyre pressure monitor and 9 airbags as standard.
Like the previous generation car, the new Passat also gets Volkswagen's Park Assist technology for hands-free parking. The system steers the car into the parking lot while the driver controls the throttle and brake.
The new Passat is available at Volkswagen showrooms across India and customers get a choice of six colours.
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched in India on November 21
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors