2017 Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched in India at Rs 10.84 lakh
Volkswagen first showed the updated Vento at the 2016 Auto Expo, and now the German car manufacturer has officially launched the new sedan in India. In addition to the previous variants, Volkswagen has added a Highline Plus trim which is priced at Rs 10.84 lakh, ex-Mumbai. The Highline Plus trim is available in both petrol and diesel models with manual and automatic transmissions.
The 2017 Volkswagen Vento features LED headlamps with DRLs that look similar to that of the more premium Jetta. However, it is the second sedan in the segment after the Honda City to get LED lights. In addition, the updated Vento features rain-sensing wipers, tweaked steering wheel design and a new touchscreen infotainment system with the MirrorLink. This system, with the use of a smartphone, replicates the apps onto the screen. The same is already present on the Volkswagen Ameo. In terms of safety, the Volkswagen Vento gets ABS and dual front airbags as standard fitments.
The Highline Plus variant is offered on the 1.6-litre naturally aspirated petrol motor, the 1.2-litre TSI and the 1.5-litre turbodiesel with manual or DSG transmission options. The Highline Plus trims are priced at around Rs 92,000 more over the regular Highline variants. The Volkswagen Vento competes with the likes of the Honda City (Rs 9-14.31 lakh), Skoda Rapid (Rs 8.19-12.55 lakh), Hyundai Verna (Rs 8.37-13.89 lakh) and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz (Rs 9.08-11.23 lakh). Honda has already updated the City while Hyundai will be launching the new-generation Verna in India in the next couple of months.
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3