2017 WIAA Women's Rally to the Valley held to spread road safety awareness for women
More than 800 women participated in the rally conducted by the Western India Automobile Association (WIAA) in Mumbai. The third successive 'Rally to the Valley' took place on March 05, 2017, to mark International Women's Day, and aimed to create road safety awareness for women.
The participants used the rally as a means to voice out their messages to the society, with many cars sporting themed paint jobs and vinyls. Women empowerment seemed to be the most common theme, closely followed by demonetisation.
After the flag-off from Hotel Sahara Star near the domestic airport, the participants in over 260 cars drove by major landmarks in Mumbai such as Worli Sea Face, Peddar Road, Girgaum Chowpatty, Marine Drive and Churchgate before reaching the finish at Aamby Valley City near Lonavla.
The car rally focused on women's safety which remains a growing concern. The rally also helped women spread awareness about the issues they face. "We will conduct this highly successful rally in four more cities, next year onwards," said Nitin Dossa, the president of WIAA.
The results of the rally will be announced at an award function on the occasion of International Women's Day, March 08, 2017.
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched in India on November 21
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors